COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
The pharmacy is out of the antibiotic I was prescribed. Hopefully they’ll get it in soon. Ibprofin is my best friend right now. All the other meds are in but I’ll wait.
That's a shame, earache is a terrible thing.
A couple of years ago I had an infection and it made me quite deaf for a while. I didn't know people were talking to me if I wasn't looking at them.
Hope it doesn't take too for the pharmacy to get.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Evening all.
Before I try to catch up with you all I just spoke to the vet.
The good news is Lola's kidney function is normal :).
But the bad news is his red blood count is quite low which could be for a number of reasons such as an infection or diet and there could be something going on with his liver.
She said it could be something to do with egg production until I said that I thought he was male, She thought he has a short tail but unless females have a similar part they can flash I've seen his bits! But maybe the first vet I saw was right after all!
So it could still be something very serious but he is having a scan on Friday to try to find out more.
At least it wasn't a 'sorry nothing we can do' call.
The vet thought the critical care formula was a good idea, I assume more iron is needed so will research that. I have always been quite fussy with Lola's diet and tried to make sure in the winter I use a good mix of leaves and they are sprinkled with ground Readigrass ( a good source of calcium and phospherpus according to the bag)
So he is not out of the woods yet and I hope the scan can throw more light on it.

Thank you for the update, Lyn! Glad the kidneys are fine.
No, females don’t flash. The second vet must have been confused by the name Lola... :rolleyes:
Hope the scan goes well. :<3:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Aw heck. I'm sorry you're not up to snuff. Thankfully, I've never had ear aches, so can't really sympathize, but I have had bad headaches. No fun. BUT!!!!! A perfect excuse to lay around all day and watch soap operas!

Are you sure those bad headaches weren’t caused by the soap operas you’d watched the day before? :eek:
P.S. Hi, Yvonne!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
What. Is that in the alternate universe where whatever we have here, they have the opposite over there ( well almost the opposite)?

Not so dramatic. Just a substitute universe in case this one fails. ;) I believe Adam has a status of a Gecko Grandpa or something over there. :eek:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Enjoy. Haggis anyone?

Um. I’m really on Google today. :eek: If you mean —
“a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver, and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal's stomach” — yes, please! :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Um. I’m really on Google today. :eek: If you mean —
“a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver, and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal's stomach” — yes, please! :D

As it happens I had haggis at both breakfast and dinner today. I love it.

Haggis roam the Highlands of Scotland. They have ginger hair and have two legs shorter than the other two which helps them cope with steep mountains. [emoji56]