COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
This is a stand of banana trees that i keep growing in a large plastic nursery tub, i think it is about a 65-70 gallons. Started from a little pup thst i ordered from a guy in north or south carolina i think. Anyhow....i water and fertilize all summer long, but unfortunately have to cut them back and drag the entire thing into our garage in the Fall to keep them from freezing. A process, just like everything.
Your banana tree is beautiful. You can buy tiny bananas plants in Germany too, to keep them as a nice tropical accessoir in your house. No chance to grow them outside.:(

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I'm a bit late popping in but in the middle of writing reports so a bit busy.
Lola had her bloods taken again, the vet thinks he is looking well and because he is eating better and very active, she has suggested I wait for the blood results before booking a scan which I suppose makes sense and I don't want Lola pulled every which way unnecessarily. So it's a waiting game again - hopefully not as long as last time.
Hope you have all had a good Tuesday.
I'm going to do some ironing now so will not see you tomorrow.
Nos Da and take care.

Last edited:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Ladies and gentleman: I am proudly present my first Youtube video. Special made for Carol @CarolM . She wants to hear me singing.
Dedicated to all my lovely roommates.:<3: I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the making of it....:)

BEE!!!! YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE!!!!!!!! :):<3:
WOW!!!!!!!! I wish I could sound like you!!!!!!!!!:):<3::<3::<3:
THANK YOU SO MUCH for that wonderful song!!!!!!!!:):<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ladies and gentleman: I am proudly present my first Youtube video. Special made for Carol @CarolM . She wants to hear me singing.
Dedicated to all my lovely roommates.:<3: I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the making of it....:)

Wow! Sabine that was lovely. And a great choice of song too!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Lola had her bloods taken again, the vet thinks he is looking well and because he is eating better and very active, she has suggested I wait for the blood results before booking a scan which I suppose makes sense and I don't want Lola pulled every which way unnecessarily. So it's a waiting game again - hopefully not as long as last time.
Nos Da and take care.

Come on Lola! You know you are being monitored all over the world now. It’s time to behave yourself for Lyn.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
No, I only sing for me or my animals but when I would have more time I would like to sing in a little band on public events, but my day is not long enough for all what I want to do. :(
I never wanted to sing in a choir because I want to hear my single voice..... You can call me vain.....:D
You have every right to be vain, but I really think other people should be able to hear you signing. :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
@Kristoff :

This is a young 'volunteer' almond tree in my manure pile, about 5' tall. I guess a bird dropped an almond as he was flying by. Anyway, the almond you see in the picture grew out of the center of a blossom. When the nut is ripe, in the fall, the green outer hull starts to shrivel, opens and the nuts (still in their outer shell) fall to the ground:

View attachment 241001 View attachment 241002 View attachment 241003
Yum! In Turkey, some people eat the nuts while they're green too. I think it's better to wait though :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe[emoji28]
I call the raven, Gimpy, because he walks with a prominent limp. He has been here most of the year and likes to follow my hubby around when he is mowing to catch bugs and watches me when I'm weeding cause I toss grubs out into the driveway which he eats as soon as he thinks I'm not looking..
Funny. The raven has adopted you! :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Nos Da and take care.
It's very encouraging that he's looking well both to you and to the vet. Hope you'll know something definite soon. xx

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all. Wednesday today and I have a long meeting about an our from here in a place called Ashford.

My back really responded well to physio yesterday. I slept on my side for the first time in months! I hope the meeting doesn’t undo it.
Was thinking the same as I was reading the first part. Good luck with the travel and the meeting. Hope it's not too tiring. xx