COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Thank you Sabine, cold wise, it changes depending on the time of day. Aches and pains wise - today I am feeling it, a bit more. It is the niggling kind of pain where you don't know what to do with yourself. And no matter what you do, does not change. Sigh. One day at a time.
Let me give a huge, lovely electronic hug ! :<3::<3::<3:
The advantage of electronic hugs are...- you cannot get infected !:eek::):D

Bee62

Germany
Why not grow them outside? Other than feeding some of the leaves to your torts, how will you get any bananas if you cant grow them outside?
It is much too cold in German winters for banana trees outside. I have to buy my bananas in the supermarket and the inside of my house is not big enough for a big banana tree......:confused::confused:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
They taste like anything green to me. :D People eat it with a bit of salt. I think it’s a waste of what would be perfectly good almonds.
:D:D:D:D I have never tsted a green one, So I am taking your word on it. I think the ones that we can buy in the shops are raw, roasted and roasted in salt. All very nice of course.:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I will never stop singing because I really, really love it and it is a good breathing training.:)
It sounds very cozy to me singing together with your father, brother and sisters to the sound of a piano. Which Oldies did you sing ? Maybe I know some of them.
Do you know "Smoke gets in your eyes" , The Platters ?
Even older than that. "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again" was one.

I'll never smile again
Lili Marlene
You Made Me Love You

Last edited:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hmm. I am too scared to do cold instead of heat. Already with it getting colder I can feel my back muscles tighten. I will May be try it on the weekend when it won't be a big deal if it doesn't work. Which disc of yours did they fuse?

Cold sounds cold but I swear it helps.
Use a dish towel and apply 20 minutes on 20 off if you want to repeat a couple of times while watching tv.

I really can’t remember which disc. They told me about 13yrs ago.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning CDR!
So I’m driving 6 hours on Friday to see my niece graduate from high school and my sister wants me to take her desert tortoise home.
I just don’t feel ready to add another and the following weekend I’m going out of town so I’m not sure I have enough time to put up a temporary pen for him.
I just don’t know what to do. I wish I would have known a couple of weeks ago so I could plan.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Where are you driving to? I would go ahead and get the tortoise. It doesn't take much to make a temporary spot until you have time to do something more permanent. Do you have any of those wire dog panels? Or any cinder blocks? Scrap lumber? Get him!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Where are you driving to? I would go ahead and get the tortoise. It doesn't take much to make a temporary spot until you have time to do something more permanent. Do you have any of those wire dog panels? Or any cinder blocks? Scrap lumber? Get him!!!

You’re not helping Yvonne!!![emoji8]

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I totally agree with Yvonne! You should get the tort[emoji1]

Maybe I will. She has offered before but it just never happened.

After I drink my coffee I’ll head out and see what I can do.

I might be able to use a part of the Sulcata enclosure in a corner.
Do you think that would be safe?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Kinda sad that we are related [emoji22]
Here’s a text from my sister.
This has turned into a rescue rather than a gift. I know she’s very busy and I guess the tort isn’t a priority.
He will be spoiled here!!

IMG_0396.jpg