COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
After Sabine’s angelic singing, I’m hesitant to share anything about the little tour we had today with daughter. Who cares at this stage? That singing was so powerful! But I know my roommates would want to see a few snaps sooner or later. So, here’s our next hidden giant, 4/6, “Oscar under the Bridge”.
View attachment 240989
View attachment 240990
We also took a dip in the North Sea, had an ice cream, and looked for geocaches, some of which looked rather unusual:
View attachment 240992
View attachment 240993
View attachment 240994

EDIT: The sea could technically be the Baltic Sea, now that I look at the map. It was cold, regardless of the name. :D
Love love your pics of the giants. And was that a real bird in the box?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I only sing for me or my animals but when I would have more time I would like to sing in a little band on public events, but my day is not long enough for all what I want to do. :(
I never wanted to sing in a choir because I want to hear my single voice..... You can call me vain.....:D
When I was young, my sisters, brother and I used to stand around the piano and sing the oldies my dad played for us. He had the sheet music, so we could read the words. In those days, the oldies were REALLY oldies. . . this was way back in the '40s. I had a pretty good singing voice and could carry a tune quite well, plus I had the correct rhythm. As I got older and started singing less and less, I lost my singing voice. I still have the rhythm and can sing the right note, but the voice is not there. Moral to the story, Bee, don't stop singing. Unless you use it, you lose it!

Going out now with my camera for @Kristoff

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
No, I only sing for me or my animals but when I would have more time I would like to sing in a little band on public events, but my day is not long enough for all what I want to do. :(
I never wanted to sing in a choir because I want to hear my single voice..... You can call me vain.....:D
You are not vain and there is nothing wrong with liking your own voice. There would be a problem if you didn't [emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Whahaha. I would laugh too. But I am spoilt because when my work became very busy I told him there was no way I was going to be doing house work on top of my work. So I hired a lady to come in three days a week. I am happy and she is happy because she has a job. The begining if this year was a bit hectic as she had had December off (her paid leave) then came into work for one day, broke her arm on the sunday and was off on paid sick leave for 6 weeks. Thank goodness part of that I was also on leave but it was really tiring and hard on my back etc while I did the housework as well. She unfortunately now has no paid sick leave for the next three years. As she used it all up in one go.
Told my hubby not 'him"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Kristoff :

This is a young 'volunteer' almond tree in my manure pile, about 5' tall. I guess a bird dropped an almond as he was flying by. Anyway, the almond you see in the picture grew out of the center of a blossom. When the nut is ripe, in the fall, the green outer hull starts to shrivel, opens and the nuts (still in their outer shell) fall to the ground:

Almond a.jpg almond b.jpg almond c.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Maybe he is feeling protective over his tortoise [emoji6] [emoji23]
Maybe[emoji28]
I call the raven, Gimpy, because he walks with a prominent limp. He has been here most of the year and likes to follow my hubby around when he is mowing to catch bugs and watches me when I'm weeding cause I toss grubs out into the driveway which he eats as soon as he thinks I'm not looking..

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I hope physio goes well. And Enjoy your haircut. Do your hairdressers give you a nice scalp massage when they wash your hair? Ours do and it is awesome.
I hate that - I always get the urge to giggle.:D
Can't stand being fussed over!
I just want wash, cut, quick dry and go - after paying of course:)

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Well the house will make shade for about half the day. As far as plants I'm not sure yet I'll have to do a little research. If hostas is not toxic for them I will probably get some of those because I really like them. I I have some fruit trees just a little bit out for a bit but it'll take them a while to get big enough to really provide shade LOL. I had also considered blueberry bushes at one time to go across there. But like I said I will have to do a little looking.
So you have any suggestions?
You may need a net or chicken wire cover for it too to protect it from any hungry predators including birds.
Are you getting your from a breeder?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'd sure like to know what you and Len do to your banana trees. Mine are still only about 8" tall.

This is a stand of banana trees that i keep growing in a large plastic nursery tub, i think it is about a 65-70 gallons. Started from a little pup thst i ordered from a guy in north or south carolina i think. Anyhow....i water and fertilize all summer long, but unfortunately have to cut them back and drag the entire thing into our garage in the Fall to keep them from freezing. A process, just like everything.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
After Sabine’s angelic singing, I’m hesitant to share anything about the little tour we had today with daughter. Who cares at this stage? That singing was so powerful! But I know my roommates would want to see a few snaps sooner or later. So, here’s our next hidden giant, 4/6, “Oscar under the Bridge”.
View attachment 240989
View attachment 240990
We also took a dip in the North Sea, had an ice cream, and looked for geocaches, some of which looked rather unusual:
View attachment 240992
View attachment 240993
View attachment 240994

EDIT: The sea could technically be the Baltic Sea, now that I look at the map. It was cold, regardless of the name. :D
What a magical place!
Congratulations to your daughter on her singing success!

Last edited: