COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Ladies and gentleman: I am proudly present my first Youtube video. Special made for Carol @CarolM . She wants to hear me singing.
Dedicated to all my lovely roommates.:<3: I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the making of it....:)

Oh Sabine you have just made my day. That was so so beautiful. [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You’ve got this!!
I was sorta addicted to painkillers 3yrs ago. My back was messed up and I was living on a heating pad and tired all the time.

When I ran out, I knew that things had to change so I went to an acupuncturist and chiro and they said no more heat. So I started icing and moving more with walks. About a week later I felt like a new person and I didn’t feel moody anymore.
I still have back issues with a vertebra that’s fusing and sciatica but ibuprofen is all I take when needed.

I have been taking sleeping meds for 23yrs. I would be a zombie without them!!
Hmm. I am too scared to do cold instead of heat. Already with it getting colder I can feel my back muscles tighten. I will May be try it on the weekend when it won't be a big deal if it doesn't work. Which disc of yours did they fuse?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yep, that looks very similar!!
What also like is that it light weight unlike those huge mops. This one is better for my back.
My chiropractor told me not to vacuum and I laughed. She said you have kids for that! I laughed again!
Whahaha. I would laugh too. But I am spoilt because when my work became very busy I told him there was no way I was going to be doing house work on top of my work. So I hired a lady to come in three days a week. I am happy and she is happy because she has a job. The begining if this year was a bit hectic as she had had December off (her paid leave) then came into work for one day, broke her arm on the sunday and was off on paid sick leave for 6 weeks. Thank goodness part of that I was also on leave but it was really tiring and hard on my back etc while I did the housework as well. She unfortunately now has no paid sick leave for the next three years. As she used it all up in one go.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That is the reason why I own so much cats. Ten years ago I was very busy with stray cats. To feed them and to catch them for castration. Often the wild mothers had baby cats that I took to search for new owner for them, but often I found no good new owners. I don`t trust people who wants to have a cat and I was often right with my opinion that I can`t trust people.
That`s the reason why so many cats stayed by me.
I gave up my engagement with stray cats because I saw that I am not made for this. I have had sleepless nights when I gave away a cat not knowing if the little one got a good home.
I couldn`t breed dogs or cats. I could not give away the puppies when I can`t be sure that the get good new homes. It is not like selling a car. It is a little life that depends on you and your decision where it should live.
Yip. Not an easy thing to do. I really take my hat off to people who do, do that sort of thing.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi all !
It scares me to read how many of my lovely roommates regulary take pain killers and sleeping pills. Or better say: Have to take these meds to get trough the day and can sleep at night. I am really sorry for all that have to take these meds. :(
Once again I am very glad that I have no pain ( exept actually the shingles and the sores on my legs ) and need no pain killers and sleep deep and good like a baby every night without sleeping pills.
Take care my roommates. We all have only one life. Taking a break as often as you can is the best for body and soul. When I watch my animals they are much more wiser than we are: They often make short naps and breaks the whole day long.
People often think all must be perfect. No ! It mustn`t. :D
We only have this one life and we should enjoy every single day of it. Please take care.:):<3:
[emoji8]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Alright so here's the deal. I will have to temporarily set up a smaller enclosure for the turtle as I'm getting it in just a couple of days. But I am going to do what was suggested and make an enclosure next to the house for long term. Or as little g as I'm here lol. Right now I'm debating on using Landscaping Timber or cinder block. I'm going to do some pricing and looking and see what would be best. if I do this it will probably be roughly 4 foot by 38 foot LOL because I will do it alone the whole bottom side of the house.
That sounds awesome. Remember to post pics. We love pics of our babies and or torts and turtles.[emoji1] [emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Greetings all. Finally a FULL day of sun forecast for our wet soggy “greater DC” area. Saw on the weather report this early morning that in the last 30 days we have been drenched with more than 10 inches of rain. Normal is i think about 2.5 - 3. So, plenty of water for reservoirs, streams, dams, fields and gardens.

Speaking of gardens, our banana tree is just loving the rain, humidity and now sunshine. I usually water about 5 gallons/day but have not had to water in weeks. One good thing now, any time i see a torn or tattered leaf it gets snipped and provided to our Sully who loves them.

View attachment 240983
That is an awesome banana tree. Mine is still small.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I loved watching Kristoff and Elsa, and still love watching any animal actually. I feel it’s time well spent.
I stopped using diclofenac for my headaches, working on my sinuses and allergies instead. I remember being unable to sleep — at all — at the height of my postpartum depression; what helped me were melatonin supplements and white noise. And, of course, antidepressants, and I’m still on those. :(
It seems we all have a story to tell.