COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi all !
It scares me to read how many of my lovely roommates regulary take pain killers and sleeping pills. Or better say: Have to take these meds to get trough the day and can sleep at night. I am really sorry for all that have to take these meds. :(
Once again I am very glad that I have no pain ( exept actually the shingles and the sores on my legs ) and need no pain killers and sleep deep and good like a baby every night without sleeping pills.
Take care my roommates. We all have only one life. Taking a break as often as you can is the best for body and soul. When I watch my animals they are much more wiser than we are: They often make short naps and breaks the whole day long.
People often think all must be perfect. No ! It mustn`t. :D
We only have this one life and we should enjoy every single day of it. Please take care.:):<3:

I loved watching Kristoff and Elsa, and still love watching any animal actually. I feel it’s time well spent.
I stopped using diclofenac for my headaches, working on my sinuses and allergies instead. I remember being unable to sleep — at all — at the height of my postpartum depression; what helped me were melatonin supplements and white noise. And, of course, antidepressants, and I’m still on those. :(

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Alright so here's the deal. I will have to temporarily set up a smaller enclosure for the turtle as I'm getting it in just a couple of days. But I am going to do what was suggested and make an enclosure next to the house for long term. Or as little g as I'm here lol. Right now I'm debating on using Landscaping Timber or cinder block. I'm going to do some pricing and looking and see what would be best. if I do this it will probably be roughly 4 foot by 38 foot LOL because I will do it alone the whole bottom side of the house.

A new turtle in our family? Yay!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Greetings all. Finally a FULL day of sun forecast for our wet soggy “greater DC” area. Saw on the weather report this early morning that in the last 30 days we have been drenched with more than 10 inches of rain. Normal is i think about 2.5 - 3. So, plenty of water for reservoirs, streams, dams, fields and gardens.

Speaking of gardens, our banana tree is just loving the rain, humidity and now sunshine. I usually water about 5 gallons/day but have not had to water in weeks. One good thing now, any time i see a torn or tattered leaf it gets snipped and provided to our Sully who loves them.

View attachment 240983
I'd sure like to know what you and Len do to your banana trees. Mine are still only about 8" tall.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG,
Ladies and gentleman: I am proudly present my first Youtube video. Special made for Carol @CarolM . She wants to hear me singing.
Dedicated to all my lovely roommates.:<3: I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the making of it....:)

Bee!!!! That's beautiful! It gave me goose bumps.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Ladies and gentleman: I am proudly present my first Youtube video. Special made for Carol @CarolM . She wants to hear me singing.
Dedicated to all my lovely roommates.:<3: I hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed the making of it....:)

Oh my, you are good!!!!! You made me tear up, Bee! Bravissimo!!!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh no. Mine is almost 6. I was hoping, in time, I’ll have the kid for vacuuming, lol! :D

Start now!! The longer you wait the more they resist!!
I wish I had made it a weekly thing so they were just brainwashed into doing it without a fight.
My daughter 12yr will be vacuuming this summer to earn hangouts with her friends!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
After Sabine’s angelic singing, I’m hesitant to share anything about the little tour we had today with daughter. Who cares at this stage? That singing was so powerful! But I know my roommates would want to see a few snaps sooner or later. So, here’s our next hidden giant, 4/6, “Oscar under the Bridge”.
IMG_1528225303.161177.jpg
IMG_1528225328.148426.jpg
We also took a dip in the North Sea, had an ice cream, and looked for geocaches, some of which looked rather unusual:
IMG_1528225550.476946.jpg
IMG_1528225564.062038.jpg
IMG_1528225601.611729.jpg

EDIT: The sea could technically be the Baltic Sea, now that I look at the map. It was cold, regardless of the name. :D

Last edited:

Bee62

Germany
After Sabine’s angelic singing, I’m hesitant to share anything about the little tour we had today with daughter. Who cares at this stage? That singing was so powerful! But I know my roommates would want to see a few snaps sooner or later. So, here’s our next hidden giant, 4/6, “Oscar under the Bridge”.
View attachment 240989
View attachment 240990
We also took a dip in the North Sea, had an ice cream, and looked for geocaches, some of which looked rather unusual:
View attachment 240992
View attachment 240993
View attachment 240994
Everybody here has his or her own talents. I love your beautiful pics.
Btw thank you for the "angelic singing".:):<3:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Everybody here has his or her own talents. I love your beautiful pics.
Btw thank you for the "angelic singing".:):<3:

No! Thank you for the angelic singing (no quotation marks). ;) Do you sing somewhere — church, choir? Other people have to hear it.
I know, our roommates are so talented, in so many different ways. It’s an honor to be part of the CDR. (I just hope Adam is back soon enough because we need him too... @Tidgy’s Dad )

Bee62

Germany
No! Thank you for the angelic singing (no quotation marks). ;) Do you sing somewhere — church, choir? Other people have to hear it.
I know, our roommates are so talented, in so many different ways. It’s an honor to be part of the CDR. (I just hope Adam is back soon enough because we need him too... @Tidgy’s Dad )
No, I only sing for me or my animals but when I would have more time I would like to sing in a little band on public events, but my day is not long enough for all what I want to do. :(
I never wanted to sing in a choir because I want to hear my single voice..... You can call me vain.....:D