COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hi friends, today I took a short video of my torts being outside.
This spring is amazing. So many warm, even hot days are very unnusual for Germany.
My sullies and my redfoot ( they are only outdoors together ) enjoy it.

Bee62

Germany
a view of my terrace. Please excuse the mess. That is me .....:D
DSCN3527.JPG
One of my old dogs. Her name is "Mara" and she is 12 years old.
DSCN3528.JPG

A view from the terrace in the tortoise garden. On the right side you see the bunny cage of my little Hermanns tortoises. They would get lost when I put them in a bigger outdoor enclosure but they have soil and gras in the cage too and are save against crows. My big sullies are to heavy for crows or ravens.

DSCN3531.JPG

Last edited:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi friends, today I took a short video of my torts being outside.
This spring is amazing. So many warm, even hot days are very unnusual for Germany.
My sullies and my redfoot ( they are only outdoors together ) enjoy it.

Munch, munch, munch! Oh no, Bee's grass won't last long!! :eek: :D
I hear someone is meowing for attention in the background. :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I wasted two good hours of this beautiful afternoon waiting for someone to check the heating meters. I guess I didn't even have to wait -- the guy came, checked something outside the building, and then disappeared. :rolleyes: Time to go for a walk. Not see you all later, roommates!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I wasted two good hours of this beautiful afternoon waiting for someone to check the heating meters. I guess I didn't even have to wait -- the guy came, checked something outside the building, and then disappeared. :rolleyes: Time to go for a walk. Not see you all later, roommates!

Enjoy the evening.

Bee62

Germany
Enjoy your walk and calm down ....:);)

Bee62

Germany
Yes...but later today helping a friend move house. But tomorrow is the great “Baltimore Flotilla” paddle in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. 100’s or more paddle to promote Clean Water, a clean Chesapeake Bay.
You know what that means ? Please PICTURES for us ! I love your nature pictures soooo much.:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I found a space for my new tort. I still need to add a few visual barriers but it’s coming along. It turned out to be 6x15ish.
Now, to get him home after 5-6 hours in the car.
View attachment 241236
View attachment 241237
Where does your sis live?

Depending upon how big her tortoise is, you may need to add a layer of blocks to that wall.

I can't remember if I've said hi to everyone today(yeah its been that kinda day)
So hi everyone!
Have only skimmed the posts so I probably have missed alot of stuff.
I'm going to go over to the garden thread and post a few pics then take a nap
emoji16.png
'Morning, Bam Bam!
So....our Sully is at the 70 pound marker...or more. Is outside in his heated house eats grass, and everything else we feed him. And, have seen plenty of people feeding larger Sullys whole ears of corn. Never thought twice about the safety of corn for a tortoise.

The last week or so, corn on sale here for 20 cents/cob.

We started feeding our guy one or more per day. Loves the husks and corn...

But wait, the Tort Table says this!

• The plant from which we get Corn on the Cob is actually a grass. It is safe to feed the leaves to your tortoise, but you should not feed the vegetable itself (the ears or cobs of corn) as it is too high in phosphorous, protein, and sugars which can ferment in the tortoise's gut causing acidosis, a condition that can cause severe intestinal problems and possibly death).
Wow....who knew!

I guess only husks starting tomorrow. Anyone else feed whole corn on the cob..? @Lancecham
I have, on occasion. Glad I didn't know about the fermenting thing. Yipes!

Well, time to go start my day. Later!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
You know what that means ? Please PICTURES for us ! I love your nature pictures soooo much.:)

Yes...but later today helping a friend move house. But tomorrow is the great “Baltimore Flotilla” paddle in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. 100’s or more paddle to promote Clean Water, a clean Chesapeake Bay.

Yay!!! Beautiful pictures to look forward to! :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Where does your sis live?

Depending upon how big her tortoise is, you may need to add a layer of blocks to that wall.

'Morning, Bam Bam!

I have, on occasion. Glad I didn't know about the fermenting thing. Yipes!

Well, time to go start my day. Later!

Good luck with your chores, Yvonne!