COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I know, I know - my friends and family think I'm mad too!:confused:
It's just something he started to do when I sing his song.
I noticed that as soon as I start singing he positions his rear and out pop the urates!
It's a bit harsh but it's his way of telling me I have a rubbish voice!:D
Whahahaha

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
But when the "right" answer should be "No" you have a problem....:D
No. Well at least with hubby it isn't. The "No" comes out and the mad cancerian emotional I am going to fight this look comes out. Hubby takes one look closes his mouth and walks away.[emoji23] [emoji23] Actually I lie, thats what I wish would happen. He normally then gets a gleam in his eye and he most probably thinks to himself whoop whoop lets see how far we can push the buttons before the bomb goes off.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I will say Nos Da now
I have been watching the Springwatch Live cameras on TV in between posting
they are showing a river in night vision at the moment and it's very relaxing
so I think I'm just about ready to sleep.
Happy Friday to you all and take care.
Good night sleep tight and sweet dreams.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I can't remember if I've said hi to everyone today(yeah its been that kinda day)
So hi everyone!
Have only skimmed the posts so I probably have missed alot of stuff.
I'm going to go over to the garden thread and post a few pics then take a nap[emoji16]
Enjoy your nap. Saw your pics in the garden thread. Really beautiful.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So....our Sully is at the 70 pound marker...or more. Is outside in his heated house eats grass, and everything else we feed him. And, have seen plenty of people feeding larger Sullys whole ears of corn. Never thought twice about the safety of corn for a tortoise.

The last week or so, corn on sale here for 20 cents/cob.

We started feeding our guy one or more per day. Loves the husks and corn...

But wait, the Tort Table says this!

• The plant from which we get Corn on the Cob is actually a grass. It is safe to feed the leaves to your tortoise, but you should not feed the vegetable itself (the ears or cobs of corn) as it is too high in phosphorous, protein, and sugars which can ferment in the tortoise's gut causing acidosis, a condition that can cause severe intestinal problems and possibly death).
Wow....who knew!

I guess only husks starting tomorrow. Anyone else feed whole corn on the cob..? @Lancecham

TTT is biased toward Testudo. The same may not apply to Sulcata.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't remember if I've said hi to everyone today(yeah its been that kinda day)
So hi everyone!
Have only skimmed the posts so I probably have missed alot of stuff.
I'm going to go over to the garden thread and post a few pics then take a nap[emoji16]

Hi, Bambam! Are you turning your garden into the Garden of Eden? :eek:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
So....our Sully is at the 70 pound marker...or more. Is outside in his heated house eats grass, and everything else we feed him. And, have seen plenty of people feeding larger Sullys whole ears of corn. Never thought twice about the safety of corn for a tortoise.

• The plant from which we get Corn on the Cob is actually a grass. It is safe to feed the leaves to your tortoise, but you should not feed the vegetable itself (the ears or cobs of corn) as it is too high in phosphorous, protein, and sugars which can ferment in the tortoise's gut causing acidosis, a condition that can cause severe intestinal problems and possibly death).
Wow....who knew!

I guess only husks starting tomorrow. Anyone else feed whole corn on the cob..? @Lancecham

Oh dear. I hope it’s safe for sullies... One of those tricky things that only experienced keepers can help you with.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates! Friday here. No yoga this week, and no kids to pick up from school. Daughter is going on a play date! Woohoo!!! :D We’re planning to go to a farm animal fair tomorrow — the largest in Denmark, and it seems I’ll have free access as a volunteer photographer for the city of Roskilde. :D

Bee62

Germany

Wow....who knew!

I think it is not dangerous for a big sulcata eating one ear of corn from time to time but it should not be a part of the daily meal.
I admit that I feed sometimes a banana to my sullies and they love it. They never get diarrhea from one banana in two weeks but when I would feed bananas daily.

Bee62

Germany
Good mornooning, roommates! Friday here. No yoga this week, and no kids to pick up from school. Daughter is going on a play date! Woohoo!!! :D We’re planning to go to a farm animal fair tomorrow — the largest in Denmark, and it seems I’ll have free access as a volunteer photographer for the city of Roskilde. :D
Your plan for the weekend sounds good. Please don`t forget to take pictures for us.:)

Bee62

Germany
No. Well at least with hubby it isn't. The "No" comes out and the mad cancerian emotional I am going to fight this look comes out. Hubby takes one look closes his mouth and walks away.[emoji23] [emoji23] Actually I lie, thats what I wish would happen. He normally then gets a gleam in his eye and he most probably thinks to himself whoop whoop lets see how far we can push the buttons before the bomb goes off.
The bomb is very, very sensitive.:mad::mad::mad::mad: Be careful, and when it is exploding.....-run away as fast as you can:eek::D:)