COLD DARK ROOM

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
When I was still employed and first moved into the house where I now live, I bought an air conditioning unit (refrigeration plus heat) and had it ducted throughout the rooms in the house. But, AC units are extremely expensive to run, and since our summers are so hot it would be running constantly, so I also kept the evaporative cooler that was already on the roof. I occasionally use the AC, but I'd be willing to bet this 15 year old unit only has about an hour of use on it. I mainly use the cooler. So it's going to be 100F today. I turned the cooler on early to prevent the house from heating up. Those danged cats have pee'd on my cooler pads! There's a horrifically strong scent of cat pee being blown through all the rooms of my house! I wish I knew what I could do to keep them away from the cooler. I thought of building something like a duck blind around it. It would only have to be on three sides because the fourth side is downhill and I doubt they could reach it.
My mother has a similar problem, one of her cats refuses to stop peeing in one of the burners for the stove. She's tried covering it to keep him out, but he still finds away. I've been over her place when she has to turn the burner on, and it's ridiculously foul!

Bee62

Germany
Now, now Bee. . . calm yourself! Take a deep breath and think about your animals. Soothing. . . z-z-z-z-z-z
Buuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................
I am calm. Really. I am only joking. Unfortunately you can`t see me grin while I am typing....:D

You don`t want to see me really angry .... LOL!:D

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
When I was still employed and first moved into the house where I now live, I bought an air conditioning unit (refrigeration plus heat) and had it ducted throughout the rooms in the house. But, AC units are extremely expensive to run, and since our summers are so hot it would be running constantly, so I also kept the evaporative cooler that was already on the roof. I occasionally use the AC, but I'd be willing to bet this 15 year old unit only has about an hour of use on it. I mainly use the cooler. So it's going to be 100F today. I turned the cooler on early to prevent the house from heating up. Those danged cats have pee'd on my cooler pads! There's a horrifically strong scent of cat pee being blown through all the rooms of my house! I wish I knew what I could do to keep them away from the cooler. I thought of building something like a duck blind around it. It would only have to be on three sides because the fourth side is downhill and I doubt they could reach it.

Eeeewwwwwww......

Bee62

Germany
It is funny to read that cats are the same all over the world.:(:( I can write a long list where my cats like to pee except of their toilets .......:(:(
Welcome to the club Yvonne. Sometimes I can`t understand myself why I own cats ....:eek::(:( Dogs don`t do that.:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My mother has a similar problem, one of her cats refuses to stop peeing in one of the burners for the stove. She's tried covering it to keep him out, but he still finds away. I've been over her place when she has to turn the burner on, and it's ridiculously foul!
[emoji90] [emoji90]

Bee62

Germany
Cats don`t like the strong smell of sour citrus fruits. Your mother could try to place a fresh cutted citron next to the burners of the stove.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It is funny to read that cats are the same all over the world.:(:( I can write a long list where my cats like to pee except of their toilets .......:(:(
Welcome to the club Yvonne. Sometimes I can`t understand myself why I own cats ....:eek::(:( Dogs don`t do that.:)
Do you want me to give you Scooby-doo's list?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Cats don`t like the strong smell of sour citrus fruits. Your mother could try to place a fresh cutted citron next to the burners of the stove.
Thanks I'll tell her.
I've told her many times if she had just gotten a tortoise she wouldn't have this problem