COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I can take her to the zoo. I think I'll buy her some beads and stuff and let her make some jewelry.
I just wish I could think of more stuff..
Pen pal? Visit old people in their old people's home? Volunteer at an animal shelter? See if there's a stable nearby where she can volunteer to help with the cleaning chores? Bake cookies together then make ice cream sandwiches? Visit the beach? Make a fort out of cardboard boxes? Make a list, then send her on a scavenger hunt? Make a safe fire in the backyard and roast hot dogs? Get a kiddie pool and fill it with water, then make paper boats and blow them on the water through a straw? Visit the fire station? Go rock collecting, then clean them up and paint them using poster paints? Bake cupcakes in ice cream cones then decorate them? Make bird feeders by covering pine cones in peanut butter and rolling in bird seed? If you have a Lowe's or Home Depot in your town, take a kid's workshop? Have her try to figure out what kinds of things she can do with a brown paper bag?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Pen pal? Visit old people in their old people's home? Volunteer at an animal shelter? See if there's a stable nearby where she can volunteer to help with the cleaning chores? Bake cookies together then make ice cream sandwiches? Visit the beach? Make a fort out of cardboard boxes? Make a list, then send her on a scavenger hunt? Make a safe fire in the backyard and roast hot dogs? Get a kiddie pool and fill it with water, then make paper boats and blow them on the water through a straw? Visit the fire station? Go rock collecting, then clean them up and paint them using poster paints? Bake cupcakes in ice cream cones then decorate them? Make bird feeders by covering pine cones in peanut butter and rolling in bird seed? If you have a Lowe's or Home Depot in your town, take a kid's workshop? Have her try to figure out what kinds of things she can do with a brown paper bag?

Wow Yvonne, impressive!!
I don’t even know you anymore!![emoji3]

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I wanted to share my pointsettia plant I’ve had since Christmas! I tossed it in the garage and found it a month ago and noticed it had new growth on it!!
I picked it up and watered it in the garage at the sink and left it.

It’s looking so good!! I’m afraid to bring it in the house!

IMG_0676.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I wanted to share my pointsettia plant I’ve had since Christmas! I tossed it in the garage and found it a month ago and noticed it had new growth on it!!

View attachment 242750

WOW!!! [emoji2]

Bambam1989

East Texas
Wow. Those are some good ideas[emoji5]

Bambam1989

East Texas

View attachment 242750
Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever owned one..

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 242750

Beautiful! But that kitty looks like it wants to hunt it :eek:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

View attachment 242750

Just be careful.... Not good for kitty cats who like to munch..!

Here is what i quickly found

• While poinsettias are commonly “hyped” as poisonous plants, they rarely are, and the poisoning is greatly exaggerated. When ingested, mild signs of vomiting, drooling, or rarely, diarrhea may be seen. If the milky sap is exposed to skin, dermal irritation (including redness, swelling, and itchiness) may develop.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow Yvonne some good stuff in that list

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Between you and Lyn i think the holidays for Bambam's daughter is covered.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 242750
How awesome is that. I would leave it where it is happy.