COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Bonjour from Calais - the closest port to the UK; it’s only 20 miles from Dover.
View attachment 242833

JoesDad and I have purchased “a little” wine and cheese and a few other essentials and are now enjoying a light lunch
View attachment 242832

The Brown Crab was amazing! One of the meatiest I’ve had. :)
Oh lordy, lordy! First all that English Tea, and now a whole boat load of crab? I don't understand why you both aren't terribly overweight???

Thought I'd share some postcard pics for you all of today's adventure. Yesterday someone told me to "Take a hike" so I did :D. The first two pics of the waterfall and river is one of the sites they filmed the movie "Deliverance" don't worry I didn't hear bangos! ( @Maro2Bear if you look on the rocks you can see some kayakers taking a break) This is Yonah mountain in North ga. Yonah is the Cherokee Indian word for "bear". There is an old tail about this place.
From wikipedia:
Yonah Mountain is the site of a Native American legend about a beautiful Cherokee maiden named Nacoochee who fell in love with the Chickasaw warrior Sautee. When their love was forbidden by the tribal elders, a war party followed the eloping lovers and threw Sautee off the mountain, with Nacoochee then jumping to her death, a Lover's Leap.
Wonderful! I never could get my husband interested in hiking, but I would have love to do it. He only wanted to take the motorcycle to the coast. I hated the long trips to the coast. Give me the mountains anyday.

Thank you Lyn. Actually I have pain again and I can often hardly sit on a chair in front of my computer. It is annoying me much.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I've seen an ad on TV for an attachment you put on your desk that raises or lowers your computer so you can stand while computing. How much longer do you think your infirmity will be with you?

Bee62

Germany
Bonjour from Calais - the closest port to the UK; it’s only 20 miles from Dover.
View attachment 242833

JoesDad and I have purchased “a little” wine and cheese and a few other essentials and are now enjoying a light lunch
View attachment 242832

The Brown Crab was amazing! One of the meatiest I’ve had. :)
Why you both are soo thin but eating soo much every time ???:):):):):):)
I don`t understand .....:):)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know, it was a joke.
Did you know that I took my family up to visit her once? It was lovely !
We were passing thru on our way to Yosemite National Park so we couldn’t stay and help her with a few chores.
Yeah, yeah. . . excuses, excuses!

No everyone was at work it in vacation so I took myself.
Sitting 4 hours in the driving position? That probably wasn't the best thing for your body.

I wish!! We are actually scraping paint and removing carpet because my daughter is moving rooms. The prep is horrible!
View attachment 242849
View attachment 242850
Why bother scraping? Just add another coat of paint to the existing. Think how strong those paint coated walls will be over the years? The house will fall down, but the bedroom walls will still be standing in 100 years!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Wonderful! I never could get my husband interested in hiking, but I would have love to do it. He only wanted to take the motorcycle to the coast. I hated the long trips to the coast. Give me the mountains anyday

There is a road not far from these mountains that snakes around really steep cliffs referred to as the "Dragons Tail" that is known for motorcycle cruising. Some of those guys are nuts in my opinion, I get scared and go 15mph in my car and they fly around me!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There is a road not far from these mountains that snakes around really steep cliffs referred to as the "Dragons Tail" that is known for motorcycle cruising. Some of those guys are nuts in my opinion, I get scared and go 15mph in my car and they fly around me!
I think they get over confident sometimes. It is much easier to whip around corners on a m/c because you lean into the corner, however, all it takes is a little bit of gravel under your tire and you're nursing road burns.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Sitting 4 hours in the driving position? That probably wasn't the best thing for your body.

Why bother scraping? Just add another coat of paint to the existing. Think how strong those paint coated walls will be over the years? The house will fall down, but the bedroom walls will still be standing in 100 years!!!

Normally we do, but it was chipping and when you peeled it it was like peeling an orange. Some was easy but it was a big job. We did leave one wall.

Going to prime this morning.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
These plants must to be kept for several months in dark places ( like Kathys garage ) to get back the red or white leaves.

Yep, similar to Christmas cactus and other plants thst require a period of complete darkness, often coupled with some cooler temps. They can and do last for a long time. When I lived in Monterey, CA, they were growing outside in our gardens year ‘round. All good stuff!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Whahaha.