COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Goodness!
And with that, I have finally caught up!
Well done, Roommates, for keeping this Room running so busily while i've been away! :<3:
Brilliant on welcoming new Roomates and giving great tort advice to them and each other. :<3:
Not so good on letting the One-Legged Pirate and Leprechaun Substitute get away with murder, the place being overrun with meerkats and eating the Wool Spider (if she existed) . :mad:
I've enjoyed reading through all the trials and tribulations, travels and trips, postcards and potted plants. :<3:
Sorry to hear about the problems and health issues some of you and your pets have been going through. :(
But proud of your kindness, team spirit and the support you give to each other. :<3::<3::<3:

And it's interesting to note, that since I returned, the male Roommates have all just about vanished. :confused:
Never mind, i'm quite happy sharing the Cold Dark Room with a dozen lovely ladies!
Love you all, Roommates. (men and women) . :)
And we love having you back with us again Adam.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes but that takes effort and if it's really dark you can't see them to poke them.
I think fire flies could be a useful addition in the very dark corners and the sign for the bar!
And who's going to keep the bar stocked, serve behind it and keep it clean, I wonder?
It'll cost a fortune.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I will definitely post a pic. I doubt it will be today though.. hubby ordered a gable fan and it arrived today, so it's getting installed really right now. I'm seriously on the verge of just dragging everything into the dining room and working there. If he wants to eat without staring at a pile of clay, I bet he finishes rewiring my lights!
Come on hubby. We are waiting. How does that cheering song go? Why are we (Bambam) waiting?
Why are we (Bambam) waiting?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
_vti_cnf_rofl.gif

Actually, that's a bit of a sore point.
The whole of Fes has run out of Jiffy bags and I need some to post things to people.
It costs much more to post boxes.
I went to one shop and asked and the man said, "Ah, you speak Arabic?"
"A little" I replied modestly.
"Are you a Muslim?" he asked.
"No" says I.
"Then i shall not speak to you" says he!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
The first time this has happened in 13 years!
How rude. And dare I say it....racist.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
i'm rather afraid I have a cat problem too.
They use my hallway and in front of my door as a toilet, fight and scream all night long, make noises like thunder as they run and brawl on my neighbour's plastic roof and look repulsively mangy.
i have tried all sorts of things to chase them away, but nothing works short of killing them. And that I'm not prepared to do.
Just have to grin and bear it.
Use your staff!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@CarolM I'm doing well. Just been working mainly 68hrs a week. Seems to be all I do anymore lol

Played with dogs. View attachment 247583

Worked on geckis enclosure
View attachment 247584View attachment 247585

Doing maintenance on fish tanks.
View attachment 247586View attachment 247587View attachment 247588View attachment 247589View attachment 247590
Awesome pictures Dan. And so very glad that you are doing well. 68hrs is alot. You sure are a hard worker I hope they appreciate you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm kinda for BYOB
Well, that's how it's always been.
We always have the coffee machine brewing and there's a hot drinks machine and soft drinks dispenser and about 800 bottles of Mountain Dew because the Pirate added a couple of extra zeros to an order for Ed, but alcohol was usually only rum to pay the pirate and a drop or two of spirits and a bottle or two of wine for special occasions. I do get beer in for special events as well, but it never lasts very long.