COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I got up at 6:00 am along with hubby to make coffee for him, since he’s going into New Orleans to a PPLA (Professional Photographers of Louisiana) all-day board meeting.

He’s headed out, so do I get on the treadmill or go back to bed...hmmm...decisions, decisions...[emoji6]
Could you not put the bed on the treadmill?
Win-win! :D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Evening all.
I've had a busy day so only just finding time to pop in.
Went to a place called Sully this morning to meet up with some family and we walked over to Sully Island while the tide was out, and made it back in plenty of time before the tide came back in! (obviously or I wouldn't be here now!)
Then had a delicious lunch with another sister.

The PO contacted me and finally came to the house this evening which was just as well because, while I was out, 6 more branches had been cut off my shrub and left in the lane at the end of my garden.

However, she was very young and when I showed her the damage she started by asking me several times if I was absolutely sure it wasn't an accident - took some convincing - and then proceeded to tell me a story about a neighbour's hedge at the end of her own garden which was 9 feet high so she rang the council and apparently they told her she could cut it and throw the debris onto her neighbours garden so she cut it down to 2 feet! :eek:
She didn't seem to know anything about the fact that it's trespass or criminal damage to reach over the boundary and damage plants.
My heart sank!:(
She then went next door and I heard them in the garden complaining about my little fence which for 12 years has behind there 6 foot fence. Then I could hear a great deal of laughter from inside the house. The PO was in there for ages and didn't come back to tell me what they said. She's just ticked a box to say complaint dealt with.

I heard neighbours out in garden later and they have strung a line down the garden which they say is the boundary (gaining them about a foot of my garden) and he said that as they could cut back to the line of the boundary there was loads they could cut and would take it off with a hedge trimmer. I know my plants are well behind the boundary.

Sorry this is so long I am just letting off steam - I am so fed up with them making my life a misery.:(
I would hate to leave my family home but I can't think of anther solution.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Evening all.
Went to a place called Sully this morning to meet up with some family and we walked over to Sully Island while the tide was out, and made it back in plenty of time before the tide came back in! (obviously or I wouldn't be here now!)

The PO contacted me and finally came to the house this evening which was just as well because, while I was out, 6 more branches had been cut off my shrub and left in the lane at the end of my garden.

However, she was very young and when I showed her the damage she started by asking me several times if I was absolutely sure it wasn't an accident - took some convincing - and then proceeded to tell me a story about a neighbour's hedge at the end of her own garden which was 9 feet high so she rang the council and apparently they told her she could cut it and throw the debris onto her neighbours garden so she cut it down to 2 feet! :eek:
She didn't seem to know anything about the fact that it's trespass or criminal damage to reach over the boundary and damage plants.
She then went next door and I heard them in the garden complaining about my little fence which for 12 years has behind there 6 foot fence. Then I could hear a great deal of laughter from inside the house. The PO was in there for ages and didn't come back to tell me what they said. She's just ticked a box to say complaint dealt with.

I heard neighbours out in garden later and they have strung a line down the garden which they say is the boundary (gaining them about a foot of my garden) and he said that as they could cut back to the line of the boundary there was loads they could cut and would take it off with a hedge trimmer. I know my plants are well behind the boundary.

Sorry this is so long I am just letting off steam - I am so fed up with them making my life a misery.:(
Oh, Lyn, that's just awful! :(
Not knowing the law of the incident being investigated is unforgivable, and then laughing and joking with 'the enemy', I can imagine how you felt!
I can't think of any legal or sensible option open to you.
Feeling you may have to move because of the neighbours and being alone is the most horrible thing.
So, so sorry you're going through this. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Evening all.

Sounds like it would be a good investment for you to have your land officially surveyed.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sounds like it would be a good investment for you to have your land officially surveyed.
I have contacted the housing association that owns/parts owns their property and asked them to come and establish the boundary - they have surveyors. I have the original land registry maps and old photos showing where the boundary is. If that fails I will employ an independent surveyor.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh, Lyn, that's just awful! :(
Not knowing the law of the incident being investigated is unforgivable, and then laughing and joking with 'the enemy', I can imagine how you felt!
I can't think of any legal or sensible option open to you.
Feeling you may have to move because of the neighbours and being alone is the most horrible thing.
So, so sorry you're going through this. :(
It really is upsetting and I feel very let down and pretty crushed if I'm honest.
If the police aren't interested where do I turn?
I am going to ring the PO tomorrow to find out what the neighbours said.
She told them what I said, so it is only fair I know what they said about me.
I will also tell her what I heard about the hedge trimmer - but I won't expect her to rush to my defence.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all. Hubby and I took the kids camping in Arkansas on Lake Greeson this weekend. I have just finished all the unpacking and I’m just worn out. We played hard and everyone had a blast so it was a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_8252.jpg
    IMG_8252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all. Hubby and I took the kids camping in Arkansas on Lake Greeson this weekend. I have just finished all the unpacking and I’m just worn out. We played hard and everyone had a blast so it was a great weekend.
Beautiful sunsets pics.
Sounds like it was great weekend.:)
....Just the washing and ironing to do now!!:(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It really is upsetting and I feel very let down and pretty crushed if I'm honest.
If the police aren't interested where do I turn?
I am going to ring the PO tomorrow to find out what the neighbours said.
She told them what I said, so it is only fair I know what they said about me.
I will also tell her what I heard about the hedge trimmer - but I won't expect her to rush to my defence.
I'm not hopeful either, I'm afraid. :(
But good luck!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, Heather! :)
Glad you had a lovely weekend!
The sunset is gorgeous.:<3:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Big hugs to you and to Lola. :<3::<3:
Things will turn around, for you and for Lola.:)
Thanks Adam.
I would like to think so but I'm not optimistic on either count.
Lola's behaviour and appetite hasn't been right for so long - it's a mystery.
Apart from the weather, I can't think what suddenly happened this week to take us back to square one.
He's been getting back to normal until a few days ago.
He's had me so worried this last few 5 months.