COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Oh shame so at least the poor get food for a while. What do the Muslims who are the "poor" do?
Beg.
Though that's technically forbidden too.
All Muslims must give Zikat, almsgiving, one of the pillars of Islam to help the poor.
But many still beg and if you give them 5 Dirham,(half a dollar), they can get a good meal.
Nobody starves here or dies from the cold, we find it amazing that people in other countries do.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Sorry Ed,:oops:
I thought you wanted to retire.
Can you still do part time work once you've retired in the US?
Hopefully other doors will open for you and there'll be opportunities to pursue your own interests.
It's not the same for everyone and it's bound to be strange at first, but most people I know that retired early have no regrets and love having the time to do what they want, when they want.
I wish you nothing but the best for your retirement, Ed.
Thanks Lyn.
Yes. I can work. As long as it's a job that's not in the Florida Retirement system.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Nothing happened between us!
Or not that I'm aware of, he just disappeared.
I love the guy, very much.
And please don't insinuate anything else.
Good grief I didn't mean 'you' Adam - I meant you as if talking to directly to John!
I know how close you and John were.....nothing insinuated there Adam!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I respect other cultures and their traditions but :eek: !
But what?
I know you're not a sausage fan, but everyone in the UK thinks meat comes in a nice friendly, plastic wrapped package..(plastic wrapped is bad, much worse for murdering animals)
Or a tin.
This system teaches you that an animal has to die to provide you a lamb chop or whatever, many of the children cry, some adults can't watch, some have butcher's do it out of sight, huge amounts are given to the poor (and me :D), I think it's brilliant. It's a very important religious duty too, obviously.
All animals must be killed with the sharpest knife possible, in an exact way, it's really quick, there's no joy in this.
I don't think your hidden abbetoirs are particularly lovely places.
i know you agree, but the people here find the English Breakfast (which I love) horrifying, and particularly black pudding. (and all the pork , of course.)
The world is a wonderful and very varied place.
Hurrah! :)