Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany

Bee62

Germany
Whahaha. So much we take for granted.
Well said.
When I was a child there where no computers, no game boy, no handys. How did I overlived ????
Really fine ! I was playing outside with my girlfriend when the weather was fine and inside when it rains. I loved riding a bike or taking my roller skates. I`ve played in a little forest near my parents house, climbed trees or build little cabins out of branches. I collected snails, build them a nice home in a bucket, watched them for some days and then set them free again. I loved being outside.
TV ???? My parents had a TV but I only watched Star Trek Enterprise or some series with animals ( Lassie, Flipper ). TV was not important in my childhood and it is not important for me now.
I am thankful to have had such a beautiful childhood and I never missed anything.
Today it is great to have the I-Net to talk with you, but I am still an old dinosaur that hates to write sms and often forget the handy at home.... I have no I-phone or smart phone, no whatsApp....... and I am still not missing these things.:)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good evening/morning all..

I know not too many of those lurking and living in the CDR own Desert torts, but this is a great article on desert tort hibernation/brumation, fresh water, food storage, mating, etc. and how torts as reptiles cope with various environmental changes.

Link to the article - http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/htmlsite/1202/1202_feature2.html#back

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
View attachment 250977
View attachment 250978
If I remember rightly Shakespeare's skull is missing from his grave isn't it?
Someone pinched it a long time ago.......maybe they needed a prop for Hamlet!
"Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio!" etc

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. I have good news too.

My shoulder is continuing to improve and the range of movement seems to be increasing daily now. I am really starting to be optimistic that, as long as I behave myself, I can avoid surgery next month :)
That's very good news, LInda - keep up the good work!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Afternoon (My side) / Good Morning (someone elses side) and Good Evening (someone elses side as well ),

All caught up finally. Sjoe, the weekend is done and Monday is also almost finished. Thank goodness. I hate Mondays. So there was alot of good news and excitment over the weekend what with new torts, new piano's, new (well a new lease) shoulders, Old Friends and family get togethers, lots of rain and drives. I think that all round everybody should be in a good place. I am so happy that everyone seemed to have a good weekend. Sorry you were sick though Lena, but glad that you are better now.

Lyn what has happened regarding your neighbour and the housing association if I may ask? And how is little LOLA doing?

And @Yvonne G , we have not heard from you for a while, have you deserted us now that Adam has left?

Chat again later as soon as I get a chance.
Lola is fine thanks Carol but still not eating much while I am at work.
I have been trying to avoid hand feeding but it's difficult not to.
When I come home and sit on the floor and he practically climbs in my lap.
The Housing Association have not been on touch with me but I think they may have written to neighbours as they haven't touched my plants since. They have hung out 4 cushions with letters on them on their washing line spelling a 4 letter word beginning with c. and only raised high enough for me to see, so I'm pretty sure that was aimed at me, but apart from that all quiet on the western front.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Wasn’t too bad for a Monday..productive work day even though it’s been very rainy all day. Stopped long enough when I got home for the Shell Babies to go outside for about 45 min . Now we are snuggled in with Loaded potato soup... The new tortoise is sweet.i thought she might be depressed over the change and not eat or something... definitely not the case.. she loves the outside area we built and constantly grazes. She likes to be petted and talked to (yes you can see her react[emoji849]) and she even ate out of my hand [emoji4]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Lola is fine thanks Carol but still not eating much while I am at work.
I have been trying to avoid hand feeding but it's difficult not to.
When I come home and sit on the floor and he practically climbs in my lap.
The Housing Association have not been on touch with me but I think they may have written to neighbours as they haven't touched my plants since. They have hung out 4 cushions with letters on them on their washing line spelling a 4 letter word beginning with c. and only raised high enough for me to see, so I'm pretty sure that was aimed at me, but apart from that all quiet on the western front.

Are you serious about those neighbors and cushions? Thats just so trashy..and low. You should snap a pix and post about...or call local news or something. Or call your local police lady to come back to see the caliber of folks.. sad.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you very much Bea. Oh yeah, your bucket list. ;) Since I have my little aldabra torts I`ve read and watched a lot about the islands of the Seychelles. What a wonderful place to live ! I want to live there .... with all my torts and cats.:rolleyes:
Psssst, please don`t destroy my dream.:):):)
Hopefully the Indian Government won't be allowed to build their huge base for their armed services there and destroy the Aldabras' habitat.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wasn’t too bad for a Monday..productive work day even though it’s been very rainy all day. Stopped long enough when I got home for the Shell Babies to go outside for about 45 min . Now we are snuggled in with Loaded potato soup... The new tortoise is sweet.i thought she might be depressed over the change and not eat or something... definitely not the case.. she loves the outside area we built and constantly grazes. She likes to be petted and talked to (yes you can see her react[emoji849]) and she even ate out of my hand [emoji4]
Lola loves to be talked to, and sung to while I am stroking his leg.
He is quite a character.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Are you serious about those neighbors and cushions? Thats just so trashy..and low. You should snap a pix and post about...or call local news or something. Or call your local police lady to come back to see the caliber of folks.. sad.
Yup thats my lovely neighbours! Very classy people!!
Even more shocking is that they have a little girl about 10 and her friends seeing those cushions about the place.
I was rushing out when I saw them and they had been taken down when I got back so missed the chance to take a pic.

Bee62

Germany
Tortoises know when they get into in new good home and settle in more easily and quickly.:)