COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Caught up, I think. Good mornooning, roommates!
My anniversary dinner was wonderful, as I had started to tell several pages back. [emoji4] But all the things I had to do Thursday through Saturday came too much, as I feared, and added up to a nasty cold. Feeling better now, after Sunday’s rest.
I have some exciting news. Though not as exciting as getting a pair of Aldabras or a new Sulcata, but I’m getting a giant of my own — a piano! That seemed the best solution for my piano dilemma, and a lovely lady about 2km from us is giving hers away. Moving it will cost us an arm and a leg (hopefully, not literally), but it will be the best opportunity for daughter to practice. I’m learning together with her! [emoji23]
Bee, have you shared your giants’ names with us yet? I’ll actually go back to see if I have missed some posts.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Baptized and buried in the same place. Talk about lack of “mobility” in the old times!

To be fair he spent most of the time in between working in London while maintaining a home in Stratford upon Avon... one hundred miles away in the days when transport involved horses and roads weren’t surfaced! He was mobile alright!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My anniversary dinner was wonderful, as I had started to tell several pages back. [emoji4] But all the things I had to do Thursday through Saturday came too much, as I feared, and added up to a nasty cold. Feeling better now, after Sunday’s rest.
I have some exciting news. Though not as exciting as getting a pair of Aldabras or a new Sulcata, but I’m getting a giant of my own — a piano! That seemed the best solution for my piano dilemma, and a lovely lady about 2km from us is giving hers away. Moving it will cost us an arm and a leg (hopefully, not literally), but it will be the best opportunity for daughter to practice. I’m learning together with her! [emoji23]
Bee, have you shared your giants’ names with us yet? I’ll actually go back to see if I have missed some posts.

Excellent news on several counts there! :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all. I have good news too.

My shoulder is continuing to improve and the range of movement seems to be increasing daily now. I am really starting to be optimistic that, as long as I behave myself, I can avoid surgery next month :)

That’s a wonderful way to start out the week. I’ll keep May fingers crossed for you. Good morning & have a wonderful day.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I went awol for just a couple of days, and the CDR turned seriously scary! Aliens, Halloween Wool Spider, and tomato substrate soaked in WD-40
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

I thought I had been following pretty closely & I still missed some..(of the good stuff, apparently )!!!

Bee62

Germany
You don`t have to go back. I shared their names only in their new thread.
I named them Mahé and Moyenne. These are names from two Seychelles islands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahé,_Seychelles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moyenne_Island

Bee62

Germany

My shoulder is continuing to improve and the range of movement seems to be increasing daily now. I am really starting to be optimistic that, as long as I behave myself, I can avoid surgery next month :)
The ability to avoid a surgery is always a good news !:)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Keeping my fingers crossed! That is excellent news!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning everyone and Happy Sunday to you!

Stratford Upon Avon is a beautiful town and, at this time of year, not so overrun with tourists. Unfortunately today there is a 10km road race through the town, so we avoided the tourist hotspots with a walk down the river.
View attachment 251024

The Swan Theatre, where we were last night, is right next to the river and its swans and narrowboats.
View attachment 251020
View attachment 251021

So is the church we went to yesterday where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried
View attachment 251022
View attachment 251023

We are on our way home now :)
Looks like you had a really good Sunday. Love all the postcards.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle.
I haven't had chance to read up on what I've missed this last week yet, but I'm sure I'll catch up with you all soon.
I've been playing catch up with myself all week too after a hectic weekend with visitors last week and starting back to work on Monday and then a wedding yesterday (which I thought was next month - good job I checked the invitation!) So my spare time has been sparse time and I'm ready for another holiday!!
Anyway I'll find where I last posted and make a start on your posts.
Speak to you soon.
Good Luck, It is never easy to catch up.