COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Happy Sunday!!

We have been so busy around here!!
Lots of home improvement projects going on at once because my husband doesn’t procrastinate.

Just finished up painting the new fireplace walls.
Then he started cleaning the garage so he could install metal shelving that we disassembled and put back up!
Cleared out office to paint this morning and add baseboards.
Adding baseboards to daughter’s new room.
Designed a walk in closet which took hours!! Just ordered the cupboards and rods yesterday so waiting 4 weeks. We are installing it ourselves.

We took our older girls out to dinner for their 29th birthday.

Oh, we had scare yesterday! I woke my son up at 10:30 to help us in the garage and the first thing he helped me move I noticed his face was white as a ghost and so were his lips. Then he started shaking and stared in space. He thought he was looking at me but his eyes weren’t. My husband grabbed him and I called 911.
He is fine now and his vitals were ok and his blood sugar was good.

We don’t know what happened but I’m taking him to his Dr this week for blood work.
We were so scared!
The first thing I asked him was if he took drugs. He doesn’t do them but he is a teen so it was my first thought and wanted to let the EMT know so they knew how to treat him.

I aged like 10yrs yesterday!!
Hope your son is much better now, Kathy that must have been really frightening for you all.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is a long one, but stick with it.

My day started with the alarm going off at 07:30.

One hundred miles up the A26 motorway, heading for Calais, JoesDad suddenly says “Is the passport folder in the glove box?”

It wasn’t.

He’d left the folder on the roof of the car.

I rang the hotel, but they couldn’t find it in their car park - the receptionist was outside looking whilst talking to me on the phone.

Then a text from JoesDad’s Dad saying Reims Police had the folder and 2 passports. They’d rung the emergency contact number in the passports.

We headed back to Reims Police Station.

Yes only 2 passports out of 4 and they had clearly been run over several times. The police said they were picked up on the A344 (a major road) near J25 and we might spot the others. Thankfully I speak passable French because the police were lovely, but didn’t speak much English.

So, hazard flashers on, we retraced our route and there they were! Unfortunately 1 was in the central reservation (mine); the other we were able to pick up.

So next call was to the UK Foreign Office helpline who said that the UK Border Agency would probably let us through, but I might have to go to Paris tomorrow to get emergency documents.

So, we headed back to Eurotunnel Calais. Lunch was a quarter of a dried sausage, quarter of a nectarine and either a brioche bun or a pain au chocolat. Arrived late for our crossing. Got through French passport control with 3 bent passports and my driving licence and then ... UK Border Agency

The Border Force lady was brilliant. She gave me a form and we had to park in the “parking spaces of shame” (my words not hers) next to a British car with a baby that had no passport... it’s still there I think.

We filled in the form, were advised the damaged passports should be replaced and, obviously, mine too.

And now we’re on board a Eurotunnel train with our car, only just over 2 hours late so far. I am actually somewhere under the English Channel with an internet connection!

Thank goodness we live in Kent and don’t have a long journey the other side. Although the children must catch trains to their homes.
Oh my goodness, what a nightmare for you!
Glad they let you back into the UK though!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good mornooning, roommates! House cleaning and a kiddie birthday on my agenda today. Tomorrow, daughter’s class is traveling to Copenhagen (25 mins by train from here), and guess who volunteered to tag along and take pictures of the kids? :rolleyes: After we return, I’ll take daughter to a swimming class, and then leave her with a babysitter in the evening as we go to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary with husband. Big day ahead. :rolleyes: :)
Belated anniversary wishes to you too, Lena and hubby.
Hope you had a good evening.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I am Picking her up on Friday:) She’s about a 4 hr drive away from me so it took a little planning. I wasn’t planning on getting another yet, but after I committed to it, I’ve been wishing away the hours. We are very excited. We added her on a 10’x10’ play area in my tortoise garden. And my husband has been watching me go nuts trying to plan the full outdoor enclosure to be finished by this spring.
View attachment 250701
Your son looks very happy in his enclosure but I think he needs a bigger hide and water dish to self soak in.;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I still have another 10 pages to get through but run out of time for tonight.
Looking forward to the seeing the new torts so I'll be back tomorrow.
Until then have a good Monday and take care.
Nos Da.

Bee62

Germany
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
View attachment 250977
View attachment 250978
Wonderful church. Interesting to see the grave of William Shakespeare. Thank you, Linda.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Of course we are and even then we sometimes still get lost in the catacombs. Speaking of which I wondered down there a little bit earlier but then I heard this scraping sound and ran screaming back to the common room.......... I think there might be an ALIEN down there. I don't think it is safe to go down to the catacombs anymore!!!

I think that was just Todd. He’s 100% ALF, remember? So that’s where he’s at. :rolleyes: @Toddrickfl1

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Darn rain and wind...our kayaking group has a paddle scheduled tomorrow over on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We were to take a ferry (with our kayaks) from Crisfield over to Smith Island, paddle all day, have dinner of Md seafood in the late afternoon, then ferry back. In fact, some were there today camping at Janes Island St Park...

But...we’re having gusting winds of 17-20mph and rain... = no fun

View attachment 250975

View attachment 250974

Oh, don’t let a bit of rain dampen your spirits! [emoji85][emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Are you SURE that’s not the Wool Spider (if she exists) preparing for Halloween? She is rather too enthusiastic about it

I went awol for just a couple of days, and the CDR turned seriously scary! Aliens, Halloween Wool Spider, and tomato substrate soaked in WD-40
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
View attachment 250977
View attachment 250978

Baptized and buried in the same place. Talk about lack of “mobility” in the old times!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning !!! I’ve prepared fresh breakfast for Pickles, Crusher, & Toretto, Shared coffee with George & Piper... Now it’s time to go get ready for Church.. Gonna be a good day:) I hope the same for all of you[emoji6]
Read ya later!

Shared coffee with George and Piper? Don’t tell anyone - they’ll revoke your wildlife license! [emoji33]