COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
View attachment 250977
View attachment 250978
Wow. Very beautiful.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning everyone and Happy Sunday to you!

Stratford Upon Avon is a beautiful town and, at this time of year, not so overrun with tourists. Unfortunately today there is a 10km road race through the town, so we avoided the tourist hotspots with a walk down the river.
IMG_8458.jpg

The Swan Theatre, where we were last night, is right next to the river and its swans and narrowboats.
IMG_8467.jpg
IMG_8466.jpg

So is the church we went to yesterday where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried
IMG_8461.jpg
IMG_8464.jpg

We are on our way home now :)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good mornooning everyone and Happy Sunday to you!

Stratford Upon Avon is a beautiful town and, at this time of year, not so overrun with tourists. Unfortunately today there is a 10km road race through the town, so we avoided the tourist hotspots with a walk down the river.
View attachment 251024

The Swan Theatre, where we were last night, is right next to the river and its swans and narrowboats.
View attachment 251020
View attachment 251021

So is the church we went to yesterday where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried
View attachment 251022
View attachment 251023

We are on our way home now :)

Nice snaps of the area, looks like a pretty great day out. Pouring rain, wind here this AM. :-(
Might take a drive to Annapolis area to check out the wind and surf action.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
View attachment 250977
View attachment 250978

Just beautiful!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning !!! I’ve prepared fresh breakfast for Pickles, Crusher, & Toretto, Shared coffee with George & Piper... Now it’s time to go get ready for Church.. Gonna be a good day:) I hope the same for all of you[emoji6]
Read ya later!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Hello everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle.
I haven't had chance to read up on what I've missed this last week yet, but I'm sure I'll catch up with you all soon.
I've been playing catch up with myself all week too after a hectic weekend with visitors last week and starting back to work on Monday and then a wedding yesterday (which I thought was next month - good job I checked the invitation!) So my spare time has been sparse time and I'm ready for another holiday!!
Anyway I'll find where I last posted and make a start on your posts.
Speak to you soon.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Blues band sounds really cool!! You have lots of fun and record a song for us:) hope your visitors are the enjoyable kind!
Thanks Heather.
Evita and the blues band were excellent but no video I'm afraid.
Visitors were my sister and her hubby who live in Leicestershire, so it was good to see them.
All my sisters and brother came to see the band so it was good that we were all together for the evening.
A busy but great weekend.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle.
I haven't had chance to read up on what I've missed this last week yet, but I'm sure I'll catch up with you all soon.
I've been playing catch up with myself all week too after a hectic weekend with visitors last week and starting back to work on Monday and then a wedding yesterday (which I thought was next month - good job I checked the invitation!) So my spare time has been sparse time and I'm ready for another holiday!!
Anyway I'll find where I last posted and make a start on your posts.
Speak to you soon.

Bee and Ellie May have NEW torts for Show n Tell! Two Aldabras for Bee and a nice Sully for Ellie May!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Evening all.

Yet another hot - 90F - day here, but lower humidity with a few scatterred thunderstorms moving about. Took Sully out for another long walk and bath/soaking. Took some video and a ton of stills - hard to pick “one” good one. Until i pick the best, I’ll throw one up here as a teaser.

View attachment 249963

Ok, maybe two.

View attachment 249964
Sully Enjoying Marsh Mallow, August 2018
Sully is such a lovely tort, it's great to see him enjoying his food.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Red please!

Good evening all. Today is our 28th wedding anniversary. We have spent the day 460 miles heading north to Reims which is the heart of the Champagne region of France.

We are staying in the “Best Hotel Reims Est” - a glamorous establishment (think motel) in an industrial estate. [emoji23] We had dinner in a passable Italian restaurant next to the hypermarket - the Oriental restaurant looked dodgy and we didn’t fancy McDonalds :D

Tomorrow we head for Calais and then home :)
Belated Happy Anniversary wishes Linda and JoesDad.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Wishing everyone a Splendid Sunday! It’s a quiet day for me after total madness between Thursday and now.

I‘m in need of some collective wisdom, roommates! I signed up daughter for private piano lessons. However, we don’t have a piano at home (and we’ll probably be moving out next summer), so I need to find some place she can practice between lessons. Any ideas? :confused:
You're welcome to use my piano!!