COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
San Marzanos make a good substrate, with grated Mazuri, and a shake of cuttlebone.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!
Newbies, please disregard ANY tort-related advice you may find in the CDR! We’re much better at telling you how to get jellyfish to light up or where to find our walking giant armadillo coffee table.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!
Newbies, please disregard ANY tort-related advice you may find in the CDR! We’re much better at telling you how to get jellyfish to light up or where to find our walking giant armadillo coffee table.
Of course we are and even then we sometimes still get lost in the catacombs. Speaking of which I wondered down there a little bit earlier but then I heard this scraping sound and ran screaming back to the common room.......... I think there might be an ALIEN down there. I don't think it is safe to go down to the catacombs anymore!!!

Bee62

Germany
@Bee62
@CarolIM

Sorry to keep y’all waiting!! It’s been a loooooong day.. it is a11:49 pm and I’ve just managed to make it in my pillow but I can’t sleep without telling y’all:) A very good friend of mine cane and stayed with me last night & she & I left early this morning and drove just a little under 4hrs to Houston Texas where we picked up Toretto. Toretto was 2 yrs old in May and her owner couldn’t keep her due to a move. It was very sad because the owner obviously loved and spoiled her. Toretto came “all inclusive”.... so we spent some time disassembling and loading her huge enclosure , accessories, and food.. then we headed back. We had to make a couple stops but finally made it to school to pick up my son. He was anxiously looking for her:) then we came home and Toretto got to check out her new play ground while we re-assembled her indoor inclosure.
View attachment 250906View attachment 250907View attachment 250908
Congratulation Heather. Toretto looks sooooo good. She is a cuty-beauty ! :tort::<3::<3::<3:
I`m feeling very happy for you.:) Hoping for more pics soon.:D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Of course we are and even then we sometimes still get lost in the catacombs. Speaking of which I wondered down there a little bit earlier but then I heard this scraping sound and ran screaming back to the common room.......... I think there might be an ALIEN down there. I don't think it is safe to go down to the catacombs anymore!!!
I never thought it was :eek: safe to go down there anyway!!! You were very brave to go!!! :confused:

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Darn rain and wind...our kayaking group has a paddle scheduled tomorrow over on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We were to take a ferry (with our kayaks) from Crisfield over to Smith Island, paddle all day, have dinner of Md seafood in the late afternoon, then ferry back. In fact, some were there today camping at Janes Island St Park...

But...we’re having gusting winds of 17-20mph and rain... = no fun

40BB5142-1AB1-42AD-BAD7-9928A2163292.jpeg

EF926063-A427-4BF7-B1F6-14F322383D87.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Darn rain and wind...our kayaking group has a paddle scheduled tomorrow over on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We were to take a ferry (with our kayaks) from Crisfield over to Smith Island, paddle all day, have dinner of Md seafood in the late afternoon, then ferry back. In fact, some were there today camping at Janes Island St Park...

But...we’re having gusting winds of 17-20mph and rain... = no fun

View attachment 250975

View attachment 250974
Oh no. Shame. Please keep safe.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Are you SURE that’s not the Wool Spider (if she exists) preparing for Halloween? She is rather too enthusiastic about it

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. We watched The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Swan Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon and it was very funny :)

The weather hasn’t exactly been great, so my postcards are indoor ones from the church where Shakespeare was both baptised and buried. The church is very old, but the interior was modernised in the 1800s.
IMG_8455.jpg
IMG_8454.jpg