COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Caught up, I think. Good mornooning, roommates!
My anniversary dinner was wonderful, as I had started to tell several pages back. [emoji4] But all the things I had to do Thursday through Saturday came too much, as I feared, and added up to a nasty cold. Feeling better now, after Sunday’s rest.
I have some exciting news. Though not as exciting as getting a pair of Aldabras or a new Sulcata, but I’m getting a giant of my own — a piano! That seemed the best solution for my piano dilemma, and a lovely lady about 2km from us is giving hers away. Moving it will cost us an arm and a leg (hopefully, not literally), but it will be the best opportunity for daughter to practice. I’m learning together with her! [emoji23]
Bee, have you shared your giants’ names with us yet? I’ll actually go back to see if I have missed some posts.
Well done on the piano. That is exciting news. And the best solution. Hip Hip Horaayy

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Afternoon (My side) / Good Morning (someone elses side) and Good Evening (someone elses side as well ),

All caught up finally. Sjoe, the weekend is done and Monday is also almost finished. Thank goodness. I hate Mondays. So there was alot of good news and excitment over the weekend what with new torts, new piano's, new (well a new lease) shoulders, Old Friends and family get togethers, lots of rain and drives. I think that all round everybody should be in a good place. I am so happy that everyone seemed to have a good weekend. Sorry you were sick though Lena, but glad that you are better now.

Lyn what has happened regarding your neighbour and the housing association if I may ask? And how is little LOLA doing?

And @Yvonne G , we have not heard from you for a while, have you deserted us now that Adam has left?

Chat again later as soon as I get a chance.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Gulp!
I hope Lady Elsa doesn’t pair me with Sabine. @Moozillion, help! [emoji23]

I would intervene here, but I’m sure our Dark Lord would insist that the name-drawings be entirely neutral!!!
So [emoji33] The Fates and Elsa will be the sole deciders!!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Caught up, I think. Good mornooning, roommates!
My anniversary dinner was wonderful, as I had started to tell several pages back. [emoji4] But all the things I had to do Thursday through Saturday came too much, as I feared, and added up to a nasty cold. Feeling better now, after Sunday’s rest.
I have some exciting news. Though not as exciting as getting a pair of Aldabras or a new Sulcata, but I’m getting a giant of my own — a piano! That seemed the best solution for my piano dilemma, and a lovely lady about 2km from us is giving hers away. Moving it will cost us an arm and a leg (hopefully, not literally), but it will be the best opportunity for daughter to practice. I’m learning together with her! [emoji23]
Bee, have you shared your giants’ names with us yet? I’ll actually go back to see if I have missed some posts.

WONDERFUL news about the piano!! And I think it’s great that you two are learning together! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning all. I have good news too.

My shoulder is continuing to improve and the range of movement seems to be increasing daily now. I am really starting to be optimistic that, as long as I behave myself, I can avoid surgery next month :)

YAAYYY!!! SO GLAD to hear this, Linda!
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji173]️

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You don`t have to go back. I shared their names only in their new thread.
I named them Mahé and Moyenne. These are names from two Seychelles islands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahé,_Seychelles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moyenne_Island

Those are WONDERFUL names, Bee!
What a lovely inspiration! [emoji2]
I followed those links and especially like the story behind Moyenne!!!! You’ve now added another item to my bucket list: number 2,911...I think...[emoji2]

Bee62

Germany
Good Afternoon (My side) / Good Morning (someone elses side) and Good Evening (someone elses side as well ),

All caught up finally. Sjoe, the weekend is done and Monday is also almost finished. Thank goodness. I hate Mondays. So there was alot of good news and excitment over the weekend what with new torts, new piano's, new (well a new lease) shoulders, Old Friends and family get togethers, lots of rain and drives. I think that all round everybody should be in a good place. I am so happy that everyone seemed to have a good weekend. Sorry you were sick though Lena, but glad that you are better now.

Lyn what has happened regarding your neighbour and the housing association if I may ask? And how is little LOLA doing?

And @Yvonne G , we have not heard from you for a while, have you deserted us now that Adam has left?

Chat again later as soon as I get a chance.
Well summerized like ever !:):)

Bee62

Germany
Those are WONDERFUL names, Bee!
What a lovely inspiration! [emoji2]
I followed those links and especially like the story behind Moyenne!!!! You’ve now added another item to my bucket list: number 2,911...I think...[emoji2]
Thank you very much Bea. Oh yeah, your bucket list. ;) Since I have my little aldabra torts I`ve read and watched a lot about the islands of the Seychelles. What a wonderful place to live ! I want to live there .... with all my torts and cats.:rolleyes:
Psssst, please don`t destroy my dream.:):):)