COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We may finally get a sprinkle of rain this evening!! It’s been like a year since we’ve got anything measurable.
I was just getting started feeding and cleaning this a.m. when the sky opened up! Lucky for me I was tending to the tortoises on the car port, so I just hung out in there until it stopped. Poor Misty was way out in the back forty though. She came TEARING around the corner, then just pressed up against my leg until the rain stopped. It was quite a downpour, with a bit of thunder and lightning.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I got to come home early today! So all my critters got their preventative Maintence meds, Yorkee got a bath, Sullies get extra sunshine and Mom gets a Bloody Mary:)
I like the sound of the last bit... Although I would probably choose a G&T or a glass of red wine :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yesterday I had a long chat with a TFO newbie by phone. She lives less than 10 miles with me and has inherited a couple of elderly Greeks that haven't settled in their new home. Fortunately my vet is half way between me and her so it was an easy recommendation. She is seriously considering adopting out one of them. I was wavering, but JoesDad is saying no.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was just getting started feeding and cleaning this a.m. when the sky opened up! Lucky for me I was tending to the tortoises on the car port, so I just hung out in there until it stopped. Poor Misty was way out in the back forty though. She came TEARING around the corner, then just pressed up against my leg until the rain stopped. It was quite a downpour, with a bit of thunder and lightning.
Poor Misty. Storms like that are very WET! And the noise and flashes probably as scary as fireworks for a dog!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Glad you weren’t stuck out in it. & poor Misty.... all of my dogs are terrified of storms too [emoji20]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I like the sound of the last bit... Although I would probably choose a G&T or a glass of red wine :D

I am close friends with most moscato wines and it would not be unusual to find me out by the tort garden with a nice glass of bubbly for about an hour before dark most days... not sure what made me do different today but I like a nice Bloody Mary with soup in the winter.. could be I’m rushing things a little:) I used to always pair these with cheese but I had to cut a few things in the interest of my health.. I’m still bitter over it too

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I am close friends with most moscato wines and it would not be unusual to find me out by the tort garden with a nice glass of bubbly for about an hour before dark most days... not sure what made me do different today but I like a nice Bloody Mary with soup in the winter.. could be I’m rushing things a little:) I used to always pair these with cheese but I had to cut a few things in the interest of my health.. I’m still bitter over it too
G&T doesn't go well with cheese :D

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yesterday I had a long chat with a TFO newbie by phone. She lives less than 10 miles with me and has inherited a couple of elderly Greeks that haven't settled in their new home. Fortunately my vet is half way between me and her so it was an easy recommendation. She is seriously considering adopting out one of them. I was wavering, but JoesDad is saying no.

I saw the conversation with your advice in her thread and I was really impressed with your knowledge. I’m sure you’ve helped her tremendously! my husband always says no too..but most the time he doesn’t mean it [emoji4]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I saw the conversation with your advice in her thread and I was really impressed with your knowledge. I’m sure you’ve helped her tremendously! my husband always says no too..but most the time he doesn’t mean it [emoji4]
Given how long we had Joe, I know a thing or two about keeping Greeks in the UK. It was only last weekend that I commented to JoesDad how difficult our weather was for tortoises; hibernation temperatures at night and fully active temperatures by day. I would be pretty stressed myself now.

I'm still missing Joe badly :( I have just about cured myself of blaming me when I couldn't have done anything to prevent his tumour, but it still hurts :(

Bee62

Germany
Why does he said no ? Because you both are travelling a lot ? Who looked after Joe when you both where on a jorney ?

Bee62

Germany
Husbands are born to say "no" but when the new family critter arrives it will be okay. That`s my experience. So I don`t ask and do my thing... in the end it is okay.:D

Bee62

Germany
Given how long we had Joe, I know a thing or two about keeping Greeks in the UK. It was only last weekend that I commented to JoesDad how difficult our weather was for tortoises; hibernation temperatures at night and fully active temperatures by day. I would be pretty stressed myself now.

I'm still missing Joe badly :( I have just about cured myself of blaming me when I couldn't have done anything to prevent his tumour, but it still hurts :(
Don`t punish yourself Linda. NOBODY can prevent a tumor. NOBODY knows why and when cancer grows. In humans or animals.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Murphy is so cute. And maybe he likes to look over the wall and he can get a better view from there. :D

Todd are you going to participate in the tortoise or at least the card exchange?
Ya I never thought of that he can see the rest of the world outside the wall!

I think I'll probably just do the card exchange.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I’m sorry and I know it hurts... I had a dashund for 16 years.. he ultimately died of leukemia but I had a blood transfusion done at the end and he didn’t survive...I have always wondered what if...I used to give him my cold coffe when I was done and some days I still set my coffee cup down. He’s been gone 6 years now..