COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
And Daughter phoned up in a flap because she clipped a kerb coming off a roundabout and managed to get two flat tyres and a damaged alloy wheel :(

She’s never had to deal with something like this before

She now has a recovery truck on the way and an insurance claim in. That’s the insurance premium hiked next year then :( At least she is OK
So glad she is okay.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Definitely a learning experience. Her insurance excess is £250 so at least that's all it will cost for the car to be picked up and repaired... and she gets a courtesy car too which is handy. Hopefully, it is just tyres and a new wheel and the car won't be off the road too long.

Although there will be the small matter of the increase in her insurance premium next year. I shall have to break that to her later.
Oh dear.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And Daughter phoned up in a flap because she clipped a kerb coming off a roundabout and managed to get two flat tyres and a damaged alloy wheel :(

She’s never had to deal with something like this before

She now has a recovery truck on the way and an insurance claim in. That’s the insurance premium hiked next year then :( At least she is OK
It took me about 6 months to finally realize exactly where the wheels on my truck are. Until then I was always hopping the curb with the back tire on a right turn.

Bee62

Germany
There are times I’ll loan my car to my gf’s daughter and her husband. Whenever I hand the keys to them I clearly state, “No curb hopping!” They laugh as if that never happens.
I often drove a car with a horse trailer following with my two horses. I`ve never done curb hopping, I am honest. Otherwise my poor horses had to hopp in the trailer too !;)
You learn quick how long your car and trailer is when you transport living animals. I drove my horses as when they were raw eggs.:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It took me about 6 months to finally realize exactly where the wheels on my truck are. Until then I was always hopping the curb with the back tire on a right turn.
Hmm, I do that sometimes. You misjudge the distance and bam before you know it you have hit the curb. Thank goodness I haven't caused any damage as yet.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I often drove a car with a horse trailer following with my two horses. I`ve never done curb hopping, I am honest. Otherwise my poor horses had to hopp in the trailer too !;)
You learn quick how long your car and trailer is when you transport living animals. I drove my horses as when they were raw eggs.:)
That definitly is one way to do it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all

We just had a massive thunder, lightning and RAIN storm blow in. It was stinking hot all dat..into the 90’s, i thought we might get a shower, but WOW. Probably an inch or two in a very short timeframe. I’m sure my rainbsrrel is back to full and overflowing.
Looks like you are going to need some more rain barrels.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Homecoming is tomorrow, formal dance Saturday... I finished the mum tonight.. I was rather pleased with my efforts & Minime was ecstatic.. think it’s ok? I’m not known to be crafty at all, but I wanted to do this for her.
Wow. That looks really awesome. But please explain it to me. What is it for and why?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning Everyone.
It is Friday today.

What are your plans for the weekend?
What are MY plans for this weekend? I am not sure, but I think it will need to be something out doors and exercise orientated. As it is spring time after all.

The babies are outside in their outside enclosure. I have started putting them outside in the morning and bringing them in when I get home from work. As I figure that they need to be able to enjoy the fresh air, the warmth of the sun and Of course the nice fresh weeds which don't dry up. They have plenty of places in which they can burrow under to keep moist etc. And they come in at night back into their closed chamber at night.

Whitey I think is much much happier in the outside enclosure as Blue does not harrass her anymore. So that decision was a good one to make and I am very happy that she can get peace and quiet.

Oops I just realised that I still need to do my month end report before lunch time.

So with that in mind I better get cracking and will not see you all later.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

First the important news. John texted me last night! No news and he has a new number, but he did get in touch! I hope I get a reply to my response; I will let you know.

As for Carol’s enquiry about the weekend... we will be in London on Saturday and the forecast is on the sodden side of wet.

Sunday will be a quiet day, I think.