COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Alone time is a great thing, very precious, if only because one does not have to be "ON" in dealing with everyone else. I hope that makes sense... Not having to be a superhero, not having to be strong, not having to maintain a brave face when inside you feel anything but... Not having to have all the answers just because the questions landed in your lap...

I like people fine, but the alone time (at least for me) is necessary to fully recharge my "battery." It's so easy to take those moments to yourself for granted... until you're dealing with family, kids, friends, coworkers, school commitments, job commitments, occasionally saving the world, and everything else!

Well said Anne!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Where is everyone? I went to bed, actually slept all night, slept late this morning... and still no new posts..... that’s just crazy!!! Regardless, I hope everyone is well and off to a wonderful start on a beautiful Saturday morning.. I get to spend the first half of the day at home (YAY) and then have a wedding to attend this afternoon... Read ya later!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Where is everyone? I went to bed, actually slept all night, slept late this morning... and still no new posts..... that’s just crazy!!! Regardless, I hope everyone is well and off to a wonderful start on a beautiful Saturday morning.. I get to spend the first half of the day at home (YAY) and then have a wedding to attend this afternoon... Read ya later!

Good morning! Cold, dark, rainy, windy, yucky morning here....but it was predicted, so we did get a lot done during the week. A recap... Monday - cutting down big ine tree sawing up, and moving to the wood chopping area; Tuesday - more tree limb clean up, followed by house trim painting; Wed/Thur - more painting and perennial garden trimming; Friday - lawn raking, bagging, then over-seeding.

Today - some green grocery shopping for kale, dandelion and a few winter squash.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good night, roommates! A crazy day tomorrow (another kiddie party). I’ll vent all about it — the idea is seriously BAD, BAD — if I survive. But I might be able to share a few nice pictures of Tivoli — one of the oldest and most beautiful amusement parks in Europe. Again, if I make it alive out of there. [emoji24] And if I never see you again and the zombies of the Halloween theme — or, more likely, the stress and the cold get to me first — here’s a big heart for you all: [emoji173]️
Good luck with your day?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Antibiotics work wonders for my daughter!
Today she volunteered for 5 hours in 90 degree heat setting up the elementary school Boogie Bash.
She is resting now at a friends and goes back for another 4-5 hours go man game booths.

I’m now cutting her antibiotic into 5-6 pieces so she can swallow it. We both laugh at it every time [emoji23]

My son is gone for the rest day until after the football game!

I’m all alone! Hmmm, what do to!

I did start my TORTOISE gift shopping!! It feels good!!
Lol. I need to start as well. So glad that both your son and daughter are doing better. Enjoy your alone time.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I think I'll have to pass this year. Junior isn't having any of it. I think she's boycotting the camera until we build her a proper outdoor enclosure, fit for the Gulf Coast box turtle royalty that she is. That will be a Major undertaking.

Our bearded dragon is a natural in front of the camera, but this isn't quite the forum for him. :)
Oh that is so sad.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Alone time is a great thing, very precious, if only because one does not have to be "ON" in dealing with everyone else. I hope that makes sense... Not having to be a superhero, not having to be strong, not having to maintain a brave face when inside you feel anything but... Not having to have all the answers just because the questions landed in your lap...

I like people fine, but the alone time (at least for me) is necessary to fully recharge my "battery." It's so easy to take those moments to yourself for granted... until you're dealing with family, kids, friends, coworkers, school commitments, job commitments, occasionally saving the world, and everything else!
I love alone time.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Enjoy your wedding. Had a busy morning. Went to the garden centre for some fertilizer for my hibiscus tree. And bought a strawberry bush. Took some more photos of my gang. I can't help it. I will share one with you. The rest are in my normal thread. 20181027_145709.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning! Cold, dark, rainy, windy, yucky morning here....but it was predicted, so we did get a lot done during the week. A recap... Monday - cutting down big ine tree sawing up, and moving to the wood chopping area; Tuesday - more tree limb clean up, followed by house trim painting; Wed/Thur - more painting and perennial garden trimming; Friday - lawn raking, bagging, then over-seeding.

Today - some green grocery shopping for kale, dandelion and a few winter squash.
Busy busy busy.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Busy busy busy.

Our one Kayaking Group also sent out their call for photo submissions for their 2019 Calendar (sound familiar)? I’ll spend a bit of time looking through some of my pix and submit a few... Their requirements are a lot less strict.
  • the photo should include a kayak(s) OR
  • a great scene taken from a kayak
  • the photo cannot include the bow of the person taking the photo

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Our one Kayaking Group also sent out their call for photo submissions for their 2019 Calendar (sound familiar)? I’ll spend a bit of time looking through some of my pix and submit a few... Their requirements are a lot less strict.
  • the photo should include a kayak(s) OR
  • a great scene taken from a kayak
  • the photo cannot include the bow of the person taking the photo
You have some really fantastic pics to choose from. Post the one you eventually choose. Or if unsure post the ones you like best and we can help you choose.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Enjoy your wedding. Had a busy morning. Went to the garden centre for some fertilizer for my hibiscus tree. And bought a strawberry bush. Took some more photos of my gang. I can't help it. I will share one with you. The rest are in my normal thread. View attachment 255359

Awwwww!’ Thank you:) I’m sufficiently melted[emoji6]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
[emoji3] [emoji3] lol. I am completely melted. But from the heat. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I miss our heat... I was excited so see that we would hit the 70’s today so I could take my babies outside for a bit. You don’t get too hot though! If we a do a house swap, I want you!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love alone time.

I don’t think I like alone time. I was bored out of my mind last night!
I worked on cleaning out my old closet and bbq a single hamburger and had a glass a wine. I watched 90 Day Fiancé and cooking shows and then School of Rock, love that movie!
Then, it was time to chauffeur kids at 9:30.
My daughter volunteered 8.5 hours and she was exhausted! She was out as soon as her head hit the pillow.
She sleeps with me when my husband is gone.

Sure, I can take a couple of hours.
I mean, I’m alone all week except for Monday when I have my grandson.

We have soccer at 2pm and it should reach about 93[emoji51] I’m so tired of heat!!
I’ll complain about cold weather too!

IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg