COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I can definitely do that. I'll start conveying that in their threads. :D
It's always such a huge help to have someone knowledgeable, experienced, and local (or at least regional).
By all means tag me as well. The tags get through sometimes, so it always helps!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Publix or not, but I've seen bundles of dandelion greens, a couple different varieties, I think.

Publix is a grocery store / supermarket chain based in Florida. They don't have a housewares section where you could by linens or towels, they focus on food, and they do it well. For a UK reference, Publix can go toe-to-toe (or head-to-head) with Tesco, any day.

Yes...thats where we shop when visiting Florida. But, we didnt look for Dandelion, but were very envious of the lush green lawns everywhere (and the Palm trees of course).

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I feel your pain Kathy!!! I was very smart in school but I sure can’t help my children with their work now:-( it’s all like a foreign langue to me!
I pretend that my boys must figure it out on their own, otherwise how will they learn. Lol I never let them know that I don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Although I am sure they know that I don't know, as they must be able to see the glazed look come over my face when they start talking fancy maths and science to me. Whahaha

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I pretend that my boys must figure it out on their own, otherwise how will they learn. Lol I never let them know that I don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Although I am sure they know that I don't know, as they must be able to see the glazed look come over my face when they start talking fancy maths and science to me. Whahaha

I can do that with my son, but my daughter has Dyslexia and some learning disabilities and school work is so stressful for her.
I kinda have to help her with a bunch of reading in social studies and science.
If she gets anything below a B she feels like a failure, so I have to talk her off a ledge.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can do that with my son, but my daughter has Dyslexia and some learning disabilities and school work is so stressful for her.
If she gets anything below a B she feels like a failure, so I have to talk her off a ledge.
We sure live in different times. When my kids were in school, I was barely out of school myself. I don't remember my folks having anything at all to do with my school work. And so that's how it was with me and my kids. They were cleaned up and sent to school. Homework was not something I had anything to do with, and they got no help from me. When my daughter's kids were school age there was a big push by the educators for parents to get involved, so it changed when my kids had kids. My kids were average students, but my kid's kids were honor students.

Misty is sure putting a crimp in my style. She's been letting me sleep until 7a. This means that by the time I've chased off all the spammers, welcomed new Forum members, prepared the daily ration of tortoise food and cleaned and fed the indoor enclosures, it's 9a or so. And since Misty demands I feed her at 11a, that just doesn't leave much time for working outside. Do you feel my pain?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]priceless!!! Why didn’t I think of that??

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We sure live in different times. When my kids were in school, I was barely out of school myself. I don't remember my folks having anything at all to do with my school work. And so that's how it was with me and my kids. They were cleaned up and sent to school. Homework was not something I had anything to do with, and they got no help from me. When my daughter's kids were school age there was a big push by the educators for parents to get involved, so it changed when my kids had kids. My kids were average students, but my kid's kids were honor students.

Misty is sure putting a crimp in my style. She's been letting me sleep until 7a. This means that by the time I've chased off all the spammers, welcomed new Forum members, prepared the daily ration of tortoise food and cleaned and fed the indoor enclosures, it's 9a or so. And since Misty demands I feed her at 11a, that just doesn't leave much time for working outside. Do you feel my pain?

Yes, it’s much different now.

It’s so freaking dark in the mornings nobody wants to get up!
Lucky you until we change the clocks Saturday night.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh dear. That is a tough one.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Completely feel your pain. Well I can imagine your pain.
I don't remember my parents helping with my homework and yes I had to help with my kids homework when they were younger. It actually is unfair the amount of pressure on parents and kids of today. And unrealistic sometimes.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

My daughter is a perfectionist too. I spent a lot of time helping her to learn that it’s OK to get things wrong as long as you learn from your mistakes.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I cleaned 3 bathrooms all morning ! I mean deep clean, with all the remodeling it has created a very dusty house.
I took down my daughter’s shower curtain and threw it away. I’ll let her choose a new one and I’m sure she’ll like that.
Well done you! That's a lot of work! I can see your halo from here :D

I know what you mean about the dust. When we had a wall knocked down, I swear even the dust needed dusting!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I cleaned 3 bathrooms all morning ! I mean deep clean, with all the remodeling it has created a very dusty house.
I took down my daughter’s shower curtain and threw it away. I’ll let her choose a new one and I’m sure she’ll like that.
Lucky daughter. Not so lucky you, having to clean all those bathrooms.