COLD DARK ROOM

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Enjoy that walk!

My step mom had a big aviary with 3 finches and they laid eggs like crazy and she ended up with like 40!
She always tried to give me a few.
Kelly ended up giving member CharlieM her last, smaller aviary that was full of Zebra Finches a few years ago....

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I pretend that my boys must figure it out on their own, otherwise how will they learn. Lol I never let them know that I don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Although I am sure they know that I don't know, as they must be able to see the glazed look come over my face when they start talking fancy maths and science to me. Whahaha

Thankfully we’re still adding up to 100 in my household. Later, I’m planning to outsource it to husband. Just for the sake of parental involvement, nothing else! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I can do that with my son, but my daughter has Dyslexia and some learning disabilities and school work is so stressful for her.
I kinda have to help her with a bunch of reading in social studies and science.
If she gets anything below a B she feels like a failure, so I have to talk her off a ledge.

I had some dyslexic students, very bright, but reading or writing just about anything took them forever. I wish we had a different way of conveying material to those students.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
We sure live in different times. When my kids were in school, I was barely out of school myself. I don't remember my folks having anything at all to do with my school work. And so that's how it was with me and my kids. They were cleaned up and sent to school. Homework was not something I had anything to do with, and they got no help from me. When my daughter's kids were school age there was a big push by the educators for parents to get involved, so it changed when my kids had kids. My kids were average students, but my kid's kids were honor students.

Misty is sure putting a crimp in my style. She's been letting me sleep until 7a. This means that by the time I've chased off all the spammers, welcomed new Forum members, prepared the daily ration of tortoise food and cleaned and fed the indoor enclosures, it's 9a or so. And since Misty demands I feed her at 11a, that just doesn't leave much time for working outside. Do you feel my pain?

You’re doing a lot of work, Yvonne! But sleeping is important too. Is Misty starting to brumate by osmosis with the torts? [emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, I started my Amazon Christmas shopping yesterday! It feels so good to get it started and my goal is to wrap as they come in because I always lose a present or two and end up searching on Xmas Eve in a panic.

I must get to my TORTOISE shopping. I have a few small things ready. Now for the big one... [emoji48]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning, roommates!
Happy Halloween! [emoji317][emoji316]

I set up everything for a Halloween party in daughter’s class this morning. One mom brought an amazing, gross-looking brain cake. She said she found the idea on Pinterest. We were all very impressed!

IMG_8233.jpg

I made tangerine pumpkins and banana ghosts, but the idea of using Nutella for the ghosts’ eyes wasn’t the best one...

IMG_8227.jpg
IMG_8228.jpg

Fortunately none of the kids who saw my effort in the morning went Gordon Ramsey on me, so I think they’ll eat them anyway. I’m much better with big ideas in the kitchen. Implementation us really not my thing. [emoji23][emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Kelly's monster bird aviary is up and running and her birds are all in there.
2 of them however, can't fly very well.
I suppose they need some time to get wing strength. They've never had room to actually fly before.
So I've added water and food bowls on the ground, also.

View attachment 255665
That is a lovely Aviary. I am sure the birds are going to appreciate it tremendously.