COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I don't see any birds. They must be that invisible species I've heard about.

They make lengths of plastic chain that you hang down just on the inside of the doorway to keep the birds from flying out the door when you go in.
I should have done that in my aviary as my boys lost quite a few because they were not paying attention when they closed the door to my aviary.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have heard of people putting the wrong tags on gifts so when the the kids peeked they were disappointed.

My problem is hiding them in different places and forgetting.

We have had an artificial tree for years. The box lives in the garage which is a separate building from the house. When the children were small, we put their wrapped presents in the Christmas tree box in the garage. Santa would put them under the tree on Christmas Eve after they were in bed.

When we talked about it last Christmas, they were astonished and admitted that they never worked out where we were hiding them. :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning, roommates!
Happy Halloween! [emoji317][emoji316]

I set up everything for a Halloween party in daughter’s class this morning. One mom brought an amazing, gross-looking brain cake. She said she found the idea on Pinterest. We were all very impressed!

View attachment 255726

I made tangerine pumpkins and banana ghosts, but the idea of using Nutella for the ghosts’ eyes wasn’t the best one...

View attachment 255727
View attachment 255728

Fortunately none of the kids who saw my effort in the morning went Gordon Ramsey on me, so I think they’ll eat them anyway. I’m much better with big ideas in the kitchen. Implementation us really not my thing. [emoji23][emoji23]
I think that they were awesome. And why wasn't the nutella the best idea? It looks fine to me. I definitely would not eat that Brain cake - although it certainly looks very real and I am quite impressed.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How old is your daughter, as she still looks very young. And Beautiful like her Mom.

Daughter turned 25 two weeks ago. She is fed up with being IDed because she looks young. Her younger brother never gets IDed - 6’6” (2 metres for those working in metric) tall and with a beard - people look him in the chest and assumed he was old enough when he was 16.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I think that they were awesome. And why wasn't the nutella the best idea? It looks fine to me. I definitely would not eat that Brain cake - although it certainly looks very real and I am quite impressed.

I agree! They look great! That cake cannot taste as bad as it looks [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Daughter turned 25 two weeks ago. She is fed up with being IDed because she looks young. Her younger brother never gets IDed - 6’6” (2 metres for those working in metric) tall and with a beard - people look him in the chest and assumed he was old enough when he was 16.
I can just imagine how fed up she must be. The up side to that is, when she is forty or so she will still look like she is in her twenties. I think that she will definitely appreciate that.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. A chilly, sunny 2C here in Kent this morning. Much wetness is expected later today - the tail end of a hurricane. I’ll enjoy the sunshine while I can.

I had better clear some chores first though...

Not see you later!
May your chores go by very quickly and the Sun stay out and warm you up with it's smile.;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning All,

I see that there are a few more posts lately during the night. I love it. It is good to read about all my friends and what they are doing. The weather on this side seems to have toned down somewhat. We even had some rain yesterday. so thank you to those room mates who sent me some of their weather.
The sun is back out today, but not as hot as it was last week. It feels like a proper spring day is supposed to feel.

We haven't heard from Lyn in a while, I wonder how she is doing and Bambam too. Although I think that Bambam is so busy that she is only popping in every now and then lately. Anyway, I have been thinking about our missing friends and hope that all are doing well.

I will not see you all later. Got to get back to work now.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

I keep laughing when I look at my banana ghosts because this is how they were supposed to look:
C4C2A667-CCFA-439C-BAA0-CD0DF81777BF.jpg
In the US they have a spoof baking show called Nailed It. Maybe I should send my application. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji85][emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I keep laughing when I look at my banana ghosts because this is how they were supposed to look:
View attachment 255729
In the US they have a spoof baking show called Nailed It. Maybe I should send my application. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji85][emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]
I think yours look scarier and are therefore better. You Should send it in and tell them that, that is how they should look for Halloween.