COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Thanks.. but enough about me... what’s going on with you??? Busy is busy but you must be a ghost lately[emoji16].. seriously, hope all is well!!
All is good with me thanks, Heather - just lots of school paperwork that has to be done. I had last week off work for half term and been helping out family with different things - nothing too taxing - just time consuming. Also had a few appointments for dentist, hair etc. and a funeral so not had any days when I didn't have to be somewhere......will be glad to go back to school for a rest!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Y’all are killing me tonight !! I realize now just how lacking my vocabulary may be
As you probably don't speak Welsh you're not lacking at all.
Popty Ping is used in Welsh for a microwave oven, meaning the ping oven or oven that goes ping.:)
The correct Welsh translation would be ffwrn meicrodon - far easier to say popty ping!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all from chilly Kent. We are off to the in-laws due to father in law's imminent birthday. Fingers crossed that they are on their best behaviour [emoji849]

In other news, I have son's 9 year old xbox 360 console on eBay. He is selling it as part of a bundle along with 5 games and a load of other stuff... so apart from supplying your own HDMI cable you can just plug it together and play it. It finishes today and bids have taken it to £92 already! We thought we might get £40 for it :)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yeah.... Russia’s National “Unity Day” today.

Unity Day (also called Day of People’s Unity or National Unity Day; Russian: День народного единства, Denʹ narodnogo yedinstva) is a national holiday in Russia held on November 4 (October 22, Old Style). It commemorates the popular uprising which expelled Polish occupation forces from Moscow in November 1612, and more generally the end of the Time of Troubles and turning point of the Polish-Muscovite War (1605–1618).

7F01233A-FD47-4868-AB25-C00C122A4F25.jpeg

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Y’all are killing me tonight !! I realize now just how lacking my vocabulary may be
Whatever you might be lacking in vocabulary (which I don't think is much at all, by the way), you more than make up for with your spelling and punctuation.

Drum roll please... (This is a big deal for anyone in the southern U.S.)...

You got the apostrophe right in Y'all! :p :D

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning all from chilly Kent. We are off to the in-laws due to father in law's imminent birthday. Fingers crossed that they are on their best behaviour [emoji849]

In other news, I have son's 9 year old xbox 360 console on eBay. He is selling it as part of a bundle along with shot.5 games and a load of other stuff... so apart from supplying your own HDMI cable you can just plug it together and play it. It finishes today and bids have taken it to £92 already! We thought we might get £40 for it :)
Wow that's good. My nephew has some old consoles and games he doesn't use anymore and could use the cash so will suggest we try ebay too.
I didn't think they'd be worth anything these days so worth a shot.
Have a good time with the outlaws!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
As you probably don't speak Welsh you're not lacking at all.
Popty Ping is used in Welsh for a microwave oven, meaning the ping oven or oven that goes ping.:)
The correct Welsh translation would be ffwrn meicrodon - far easier to say popty ping!!
Popty Ping... sounds like the Popty part should be a contraction or shortened form of "poppity" or something like that... a word that sounds like a magician (not the Hogwarts wizard types) conjuring a rabbit out of a hat.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good Afternoon/morning to you all.
It's a very wet dismal Sunday here but quite mild.
Lola has managed to drag himself out of his hide today and is tucking into his weeds and salad mix without any encouragement from me.
Maybe he has turned over a new leaf........well several actually - he is a messy eater!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Popty Ping... sounds like the Popty part should be a contraction or shortened form of "poppity" or something like that... a word that sounds like a magician (not the Hogwarts wizard types) conjuring a rabbit out of a hat.
I very often conjure a meal out of my popty but never tried rabbit.;)
Several bakeries in Wales use the word popty in their names.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Unfortunately, I never made it Wales while I was in the UK. I wanted to, but it just never happened.
There are some beautiful places in Wales with the coast and mountains, even though I live here, there are still places that take my breath away.
There are also some pretty grotty industrial areas in the south too, but you have good and bad everywhere.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good day all.

Perfect Autumn Day here following the big storms. Bright sunshine, cool breezes. We drove over to the Patuxent National Wildlife Refuge which is actually only a few miles from our home, probably less then three. Great quiet place with large reservoirs for wildlife. The foliage was wonderful.

Here are a few glimpses into our walkies..

View attachment 256060 View attachment 256061 View attachment 256062 View attachment 256063 View attachment 256064 View attachment 256065

Tomorrow is kayaking...and some pix from water’s edge.

I’ve missed this post earlier. Gorgeous colors! [emoji7]