COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Just escaped from the in-laws. They were reasonably well behaved this time perhaps because JoesDad’s brother and partner came too. On our way home now
you didn't stay very long. You went when I was first reading all the posts and now you're leaving as I'm finishing up reading the posts. I guess it's time for me to turn off the computer and go outside!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
you didn't stay very long. You went when I was first reading all the posts and now you're leaving as I'm finishing up reading the posts. I guess it's time for me to turn off the computer and go outside!

Got there about 11.30am and left at 4pm. It’s long enough...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Every year I walk in memory of my mom in the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 5K. It’s so fun and inspirational! This year my friend and her daughter joined us.
Unfortunately over the years I’ve had to walk for others. They are all on my sign.

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please join us!! It’s so fun getting cards from around world!

Just buy a box, sign your name, address and send!!

You can do it!!!
Yes, everyone, please do. You can't imagine how fun it was to receive cards from out of state, out of country! Some of our more inventive members included a little local geographical trinket in with the card, but that's not necessary. It was well appreciated, but sending just a card is fine.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Every year I walk in memory of my mom in the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 5K. It’s so fun and inspirational! This year my friend and her daughter joined us.
Unfortunately over the years I’ve had to walk for others. They are all on my sign.

View attachment 256121

View attachment 256122

View attachment 256123
Well done you. We have a similar walk in the UK for Breast Cancer.

Unfortunately I too know too many afflicted with it including a man. People forget that men can get breast cancer too. :(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Whatever you might be lacking in vocabulary (which I don't think is much at all, by the way), you more than make up for with your spelling and punctuation.

Drum roll please... (This is a big deal for anyone in the southern U.S.)...

You got the apostrophe right in Y'all! :p :D

LMAO!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The owner of my 'found' sulcata tortoise saw my craigslist ad and came and got the tortoise just now. Thank goodness!!
I am so glad that he has gone home. And so glad that it was you acting as his temporary home. He couldn't have been in better hands :)

I imagine his proper family have had a hard lesson is Sulcata strength and the need for secure boundaries!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am so glad that he has gone home. And so glad that it was you acting as his temporary home. He couldn't have been in better hands :)

I imagine his proper family have had a hard lesson is Sulcata strength and the need for secure boundaries!
They think what happened was the solar powered gate ran out of 'juice' and stuck in the 'open' attitude. Then, later when juice built back up, it continued its path and closed (after the tortoise had escaped, of course). The tortoise lives on 8 acres of land and they didn't realize he was missing until someone called his attention to my ad.