COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
I think he is competing with Lola for the 'naughty torty' award.

Are we voting on that too besides the TFO Calendar (if we do get to vote on that one..)?
The Annual CDR Naughty Tortie Award 2018. The nominees are:
1. Jacques (@Moozillion)
2. Lola (@Lyn W)
3. Oli (@Gillian Moore)
...?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
View attachment 256085View attachment 256086
This is Jerry earning his keep. He was a wild cat we trapped as a kitten to control the wood rats around here. They are horrible about destroying wiring on outdoor appliances( pool controls , 4 wheeler, etc).. I never thought about the squirrels but they are so abundant that they are killing the trees not to mention destroying things in the shop where I keep horse feed. He is an excellent hunter. He is quite spoiled to my self and son but still remains wild to most others.. he was a wonderful acquisition. He has even bagged a copper head. Fearless! But I wouldn’t want on his bad side [emoji15]

A proud hunter. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wow that's good. My nephew has some old consoles and games he doesn't use anymore and could use the cash so will suggest we try ebay too.
I didn't think they'd be worth anything these days so worth a shot.
Have a good time with the outlaws!

Final price £105 for the xbox 360, two controllers, a controller keyboard, two headsets and 5 games. Son is delighted :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all from chilly Kent. We are off to the in-laws due to father in law's imminent birthday. Fingers crossed that they are on their best behaviour [emoji849]

In other news, I have son's 9 year old xbox 360 console on eBay. He is selling it as part of a bundle along with 5 games and a load of other stuff... so apart from supplying your own HDMI cable you can just plug it together and play it. It finishes today and bids have taken it to £92 already! We thought we might get £40 for it :)

Hope you’re as lucky with the in-laws as with eBay ;) Fingers crossed.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah.... Russia’s National “Unity Day” today.

Unity Day (also called Day of People’s Unity or National Unity Day; Russian: День народного единства, Denʹ narodnogo yedinstva) is a national holiday in Russia held on November 4 (October 22, Old Style). It commemorates the popular uprising which expelled Polish occupation forces from Moscow in November 1612, and more generally the end of the Time of Troubles and turning point of the Polish-Muscovite War (1605–1618).

View attachment 256102

I’ve missed this one too. Not a holiday I celebrated as a child. :D The girl on the left in the picture is wearing a Kyrgyz outfit.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good Afternoon/morning to you all.
It's a very wet dismal Sunday here but quite mild.
Lola has managed to drag himself out of his hide today and is tucking into his weeds and salad mix without any encouragement from me.
Maybe he has turned over a new leaf........well several actually - he is a messy eater!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Oh no, that Naughty Tortie award is slipping away as I’m typing this! Phew [emoji28]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are we voting on that too besides the TFO Calendar (if we do get to vote on that one..)?
The Annual CDR Naughty Tortie Award 2018. The nominees are:
1. Jacques (@Moozillion)
2. Lola (@Lyn W)
3. Oli (@Gillian Moore)
...?
oo-oo-oo! I love this! What kind of prize does the winner get? Will it be an annual contest? I'm in!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
It was just wasted space which I've put to good use.:)
I do empty it for Xmas Day which is the one day of the year that I do cook for my nephew....unless I can avoid it!
Avoiding cooking is an art form... ;) I've flat out told my coworkers that cat hair is an airborne hazard at my house. It's a natural fiber, completely renewable, but I wouldn't want to inadvertently share that particular fiber with them!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
oh my!

I had a leg incident too. There's this new stray tom cat that's been coming around. He has gotten very pushy, and if I don' put the food down quick enough to suit him he attacks me. So yesterday I was opening the lids of tortoise enclosures, working my way to the back of the carport where the cat food container is, and he jumped on my leg and bit me! I smacked him with the tortoise food lid (plastic) I was holding, and he stopped attacking, but wasn't the least bit afraid of me. I felt liquid running down my leg, so went in the house and washed the wound with Betadine. I'm pondering two choices. . . trap him and take him to be euthanized, or trap him and take him to be neutered. He's not young. He beats up my cats and they're deathly afraid of
him.
Yvonne, I hate to bring this up, but I'd be remiss if I ignored the animal health and disease part of my background (way back when I used to work for the State Veterinarian's office in FL)...

Is rabies a problem or concern in your part of the country?

In our TNR (trap-neuter-release) programs in Florida, they usually include a rabies vaccination along with the spay/neuter and ear tipping. Our TNR programs are locally or regionally based, so their services vary.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, I hate to bring this up, but I'd be remiss if I ignored the animal health and disease part of my background (way back when I used to work for the State Veterinarian's office in FL)...

Is rabies a problem or concern in your part of the country?

In our TNR (trap-neuter-release) programs in Florida, they usually include a rabies vaccination along with the spay/neuter and ear tipping. Our TNR programs are locally or regionally based, so their services vary.
I thought about that. Yes, rabies is common here. But he shows no signs of it. He's just mean.