COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How do you look for the owners? Craigslist and Nextdoor?

Glad he’s not a bully.
Yes. I've posted 'found' ads on both craigslist.com and on my neighborhood's Nexdoor. This tortoise was found in my 'neighborhood' so it was a piece of cake to get the ad up. I'll also put up a 3x5 card on Petsmart's bulletin board.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good day all.

Perfect Autumn Day here following the big storms. Bright sunshine, cool breezes. We drove over to the Patuxent National Wildlife Refuge which is actually only a few miles from our home, probably less then three. Great quiet place with large reservoirs for wildlife. The foliage was wonderful.

Here are a few glimpses into our walkies..

View attachment 256060 View attachment 256061 View attachment 256062 View attachment 256063 View attachment 256064 View attachment 256065

Tomorrow is kayaking...and some pix from water’s edge.
The colors are beautiful.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Picked up another 'found' sulcata this a.m. He weighs 55lbs and has been seen in the area for the past two weeks. Hopefully I'll find his owner soon. It's not a hardship to have him though, as I have an extra warm house off the backyard, where he is. But if I get in another large sulcata, then it will be a hardship. But this isn't usually the time of year they come in, so there shouldn't be any more in my immediate future.

View attachment 256053

He's quite a nice tortoise. Doesn't try to ram me, doesn't squirm when I pick him up. And his shell is quite smooth!

What a blessing you are Yvonne! I think I get a little angry every time a see a new post from some new person wanting to breed Sulcatas!! Why can’t they pick a rare breed like the bowsprit tortoises that Carol has instead of these amazing beast that not many can handle??? Ok... maybe A lot angry [emoji35]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So very sorry, Heather - your feelings are completely understandable.
We see it all the time with some of our kids in school who may be in foster homes with the loveliest people you could wish for, who give them all sorts of opportunities, but at the end of the day they just want to be back with their folks regardless of how badly they have behaved as parents. It's such a shame and very hurtful for you, but you did your best for him - you are a very special person to have offered him a home in the first place.

Thanks.. but enough about me... what’s going on with you??? Busy is busy but you must be a ghost lately[emoji16].. seriously, hope all is well!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good day all.

Perfect Autumn Day here following the big storms. Bright sunshine, cool breezes. We drove over to the Patuxent National Wildlife Refuge which is actually only a few miles from our home, probably less then three. Great quiet place with large reservoirs for wildlife. The foliage was wonderful.

Here are a few glimpses into our walkies..

View attachment 256060 View attachment 256061 View attachment 256062 View attachment 256063 View attachment 256064 View attachment 256065

Tomorrow is kayaking...and some pix from water’s edge.

You must be a very happy person! I sure would be to be so in tune with the world.. (I really am anyways) beautiful as always!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Is your tetanus jab up to date Yvonne? If not I would try to get one as he broke the skin.They last 10 years .
What a bossy cat he is!

IMG_9660.jpgIMG_9662.jpg
This is Jerry earning his keep. He was a wild cat we trapped as a kitten to control the wood rats around here. They are horrible about destroying wiring on outdoor appliances( pool controls , 4 wheeler, etc).. I never thought about the squirrels but they are so abundant that they are killing the trees not to mention destroying things in the shop where I keep horse feed. He is an excellent hunter. He is quite spoiled to my self and son but still remains wild to most others.. he was a wonderful acquisition. He has even bagged a copper head. Fearless! But I wouldn’t want on his bad side [emoji15]