COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
IMG_9582.jpg
I didn’t get to share Halloween but it ended up being just my son & I. My daughter and her best friend had corresponding costumes with mine but they were in a career development competition (won 2nd) and didn’t get home till 10:30. Nephew corresponded with my son but he left that morning.. hubby was working and stepdaughter was at moms... We still got lots of Candy though:) he had a blast and has already decided his costume for next year.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Is anyone else in agony over the calendar contest?? Not only am I impatient, but my son asks every 5 min if “we are in there” [emoji16]. I’m scared I’m missing it when I’m so busy that I can’t scroll regularly!!

We’ll post alerts on here when it’s up! I know what you mean. Kristoff was in it two years ago, and I had to hide in the CDR the whole time to deal with a bad case of nerves. That one was a very close competition too, with a vote-off between my boy and another gorgeous picture. :eek:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So, we have
1. Jacques
2. Lola
3. Oli
4. Toretto
[emoji23]

Lola is currently leading with 1 vote

It’s a hard choice. Lola and Oli have been noted for their naughtiness for a few years. Jacques piled more naughtiness into a few months that you would have thought possible.

Joe would have been a contender when he was alive ... and Maggie’s late sulcata, Bob, was equally characterful but, due his size, more destructive.

For me I think the 2018 prize must go to Jacques. The Lifetime Achievement award goes to Lola!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all! It’s been a busy morning so far. I have been for my swim. The eBay sales are packed up and ready to take to the parcel office. And I have my supermarket shopping list sorted.

We are off on our travels again later this week. Postcards will be sent :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
We’ll post alerts on here when it’s up! I know what you mean. Kristoff was in it two years ago, and I had to hide in the CDR the whole time to deal with a bad case of nerves. That one was a very close competition too, with a vote-off between my boy and another gorgeous picture. :eek:

I loved the picture with the butterfly on his butt!!:) I’m sure having some decent photography skills doesn’t hurt either! I’m guessing we get to order the calendar wether our pic makes it or not?? I want one so I have all of our torts on the wall:) (even if mine isn’t in there) [emoji16]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s a hard choice. Lola and Oli have been noted for their naughtiness for a few years. Jacques piled more naughtiness into a few months that you would have thought possible.

Joe would have been a contender when he was alive ... and Maggie’s late sulcata, Bob, was equally characterful but, due his size, more destructive.

For me I think the 2018 prize must go to Jacques. The Lifetime Achievement award goes to Lola!

Being a parent is just HARD sometimes!!! But catching up on the history is very entertaining [emoji16]
Keep those stories coming Linda! I would actually challenge each of you to post a piece of “history” from the CDR for me.. I really like reading the escapades of the past from my new friends:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
They think what happened was the solar powered gate ran out of 'juice' and stuck in the 'open' attitude. Then, later when juice built back up, it continued its path and closed (after the tortoise had escaped, of course). The tortoise lives on 8 acres of land and they didn't realize he was missing until someone called his attention to my ad.
Well that answers my question.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 256186
I didn’t get to share Halloween but it ended up being just my son & I. My daughter and her best friend had corresponding costumes with mine but they were in a career development competition (won 2nd) and didn’t get home till 10:30. Nephew corresponded with my son but he left that morning.. hubby was working and stepdaughter was at moms... We still got lots of Candy though:) he had a blast and has already decided his costume for next year.
You both look awesome. Send some of that candy my way if you still have left over that is...