COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Being a parent is just HARD sometimes!!! But catching up on the history is very entertaining [emoji16]
Keep those stories coming Linda! I would actually challenge each of you to post a piece of “history” from the CDR for me.. I really like reading the escapades of the past from my new friends:)

Well... Bob had many threads dedicated to his escapades. My favourite Bob story was the time Maggie posted fit to explode after he had bulldozed a block wall and eaten her prized rose bushes to the ground. Maggie said she was fit to murder him, commit torticide, but she forgave him in the end ... just about.

Joe ... plenty of choice... how about the day I answered the front door to the postman and got a painful shock when Joe rammed my ankle. He had escaped his bit of the garden, climbed the steps into the kitchen and made his way through the entire house to attack me. And pooped on the living room carpet for good measure
[emoji849][emoji1]

Now both are at the rainbow bridge ... causing mayhem no doubt!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Afternoon all.
I just had some time at the end of my work day to have a squize on here. Loved lots of the comments, had lots of laughs. I refuse to be stressed over my torts and the calendar contest. They or her or him will either be in it or they won't. In my books they have won already (the day that I found them).
Today went by so quickly probably because I haven't had time to think. But that is how I like it sometimes. I hate being bored.
AAAANNNDDDD it is home time. Kids to pick up, shops to go to, and dogs to take for a walk. And my walk as well obviously. Then supper to make and chill time before bed.
Hope everyone has an awesome Monday.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well... Bob had many threads dedicated to his escapades. My favourite Bob story was the time Maggie posted fit to explode after he had bulldozed a block wall and eaten her prized rose bushes to the ground. Maggie said she was fit to murder him, commit torticide, but she forgave him in the end ... just about.

Joe ... plenty of choice... how about the day I answered the front door to the postman and got a painful shock when Joe rammed my ankle. He had escaped his bit of the garden, climbed the steps into the kitchen and made his way through the entire house to attack me. And pooped on the living room carpet for good measure
[emoji849][emoji1]

Oh those are good stories.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ogh....did i say...it’s pouring down rain here today....and the same is forecast for tomorrow. Rain, rain rain. All the colorful deciduous tree leaves are falling to the ground like heavy, wet, red and yellow snowflakes :-(

But - on the horizon, the sun should be out on Wed and Thur, with moderate temps in the 60’s.

Enjoy the day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My favorite Bob story was the time Maggie set the sprinkler going in his yard. Bob was able to hook the hose with his gular and dragged the sprinkler into his shed, where the water ruined the floor, needing to be replaced.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I loved the picture with the butterfly on his butt!!:) I’m sure having some decent photography skills doesn’t hurt either! I’m guessing we get to order the calendar wether our pic makes it or not?? I want one so I have all of our torts on the wall:) (even if mine isn’t in there) [emoji16]

Yours will still be there — either on a separate page or in the collage for the month of December (if it’s the same format as before). I will also want to order a calendar even if I didn’t participate.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

[emoji849][emoji1]

They were amazing characters, although I joined too late for Bob. I did think of Joe and those sedums when posting the Naughty Tortie list. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
My favorite Bob story was the time Maggie set the sprinkler going in his yard. Bob was able to hook the hose with his gular and dragged the sprinkler into his shed, where the water ruined the floor, needing to be replaced.

[emoji85][emoji23][emoji85][emoji23][emoji85][emoji23]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Oh....did I tell you all just how gorgeous it was just 24 hours ago......all sunshine. Was looking back at some of the pix I took, and this one looks pretty good. Some folks in the photo/kayak community don’t like it when one’s bow is in the picture. That said, I think sometimes it adds to the atmospherics - you can almost place yourself into the picture and be there.

F2BA82E5-FCE4-4409-B431-6831D4517E71.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

There are too many too choose from with Bob :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh....did I tell you all just how gorgeous it was just 24 hours ago......all sunshine. Was looking back at some of the pix I took, and this one looks pretty good. Some folks in the photo/kayak community don’t like it when one’s bow is in the picture. That said, I think sometimes it adds to the atmospherics - you can almost place yourself into the picture and be there.

View attachment 256249

You need to make a kayaking calendar!!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
You need to make a kayaking calendar!!

Yep. Just received this a few days ago.
  • Hi - it's that time again! Every year we ask people to submit photos for consideration for inclusion in the Cross Currents calendar. We are now asking for photos for the 2019 calendar.
I just need to find a few best ones to submit (unlike this Forum) we can submit more than one.