COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Oh....did I tell you all just how gorgeous it was just 24 hours ago......all sunshine. Was looking back at some of the pix I took, and this one looks pretty good. Some folks in the photo/kayak community don’t like it when one’s bow is in the picture. That said, I think sometimes it adds to the atmospherics - you can almost place yourself into the picture and be there.

View attachment 256249
I agree.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
What is he doing?
He has been driving me......nuts lately. He gets soaked, gets hand fed, I take him out for a so-called walk in the sun, but he's been restless don't know why. He's been trying to climb out of his enclosure for the third consecutive day.

Btw, the place is warm, and his light is on all day long.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well... Bob had many threads dedicated to his escapades. My favourite Bob story was the time Maggie posted fit to explode after he had bulldozed a block wall and eaten her prized rose bushes to the ground. Maggie said she was fit to murder him, commit torticide, but she forgave him in the end ... just about.

Joe ... plenty of choice... how about the day I answered the front door to the postman and got a painful shock when Joe rammed my ankle. He had escaped his bit of the garden, climbed the steps into the kitchen and made his way through the entire house to attack me. And pooped on the living room carpet for good measure
[emoji849][emoji1]

Now both are at the rainbow bridge ... causing mayhem no doubt!

I can picture both of these events!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ogh....did i say...it’s pouring down rain here today....and the same is forecast for tomorrow. Rain, rain rain. All the colorful deciduous tree leaves are falling to the ground like heavy, wet, red and yellow snowflakes :-(

But - on the horizon, the sun should be out on Wed and Thur, with moderate temps in the 60’s.

Enjoy the day.

Yuck! Try to stay dry so you can enjoy the better part of the week.. btw.... I have not heard the word “deciduous” since I was in school! I’m feeling smarter now[emoji16]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My favorite Bob story was the time Maggie set the sprinkler going in his yard. Bob was able to hook the hose with his gular and dragged the sprinkler into his shed, where the water ruined the floor, needing to be replaced.

Oh no!!! I bet that was a good laugh.. after the damage was over of course!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
He has been driving me......nuts lately. He gets soaked, gets hand fed, I take him out for a so-called walk in the sun, but he's been restless don't know why. He's been trying to climb out of his enclosure for the third consecutive day.

I understand now:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh no!!! I bet that was a good laugh.. after the damage was over of course!
There were many Bob stories. Once he climbed up several stairs - I think it was 8 or so - then walked across the porch and climbed down the stairs on the other side. Maggie answered a knock on her door to find one of her neighbors asking if that was her tortoise walking down the middle of the street.

She used to take him to events like store open house, vet open house, etc. There were pictures of Bob walking around amongst peoples' legs with a wire haired fox terrier riding on his back. He visited Santa three years in a row for pictures. Yes, Bob was quite the character.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
If I do declare war ,are you willing to intervene? ;) What about the rest of the ladies and gentlemen at CDR?

I doubt that will be necessary as I can see that you have plenty of experience to handle this quite well... but if an intervention should be needed, which side should I pick [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Do you think that maybe he is restless because of the change of season?