COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I will probably have to have an MRI as well. But I have to go through the process first before I can get an MRI. And I have to wait until the medical aid kicks in again. Which is Jan 01.
My daughter has been suffering with a painful shoulder/neck for a couple years. After many visits to a chiropractor and her regular doctor and no relief from the pain her doctor finally set her up with some sort of scan (don't remember the name-cat, MRI?) The scan shows smushed jelly-like stuff between a couple of the discs. (scientific terminology) But her pain or disability isn't bad enough for them to do anything about it. I think it means surgery whenever it gets bad enough.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I always find it curious that you hold thumbs while we in Britain cross our fingers? What's done in other countries, roomies?
Over here crossing fingers is more a case of what I am telling you is not true. In other words I will cross my fingers behind my back while telling you that I am going to share my chocolate with you as soon as I get some.[emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We have had alcoholic advent calendars over here for a long time. I think the Scotch whisky one was the first soon to be followed by Gin, beers, etc.

This year, I have seen cheese, cosmetics... and even Yankee Candles!

When I was a kid you didn't get chocolate, just a picture :D
We only have the chocolate ones here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Man, you guys chatted a lot over night!! Well, my night!

I don’t really have a recipe for the chicken tortilla soup but the basics are...

Chicken broth
Sautéed onion and garlic
A can of crushed tomatoes
Some rice
Can of black beans
Corn
Any season to taste like cumin and red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
Shredded chicken

For garnish I use sour cream, cilantro, cubed avocado, jack cheese or any shredded cheese and tortilla strips.
It literally takes minutes to put together and simmer.

Sometimes I use a can of refried beans.

I eat it with corn bread or French banquette toasted.
That really sounds yummy.