COLD DARK ROOM

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I still have him/her.
Its Wild Child or Tarzan.
I guess he's doing well. I honestly only get a chance to see him about once every week or two.
He is always hiding and even when he's out in the open, its amazing how well he camouflages himself naturally.
Usually he will dart out of the bushes when I toss food in the enclosure. There is also a huge Curly Tail lizard that has taken up residence in there. He also grabs grapes or any cut fruit and runs off with it. I never knew that Curly Tail lizards were omnivores.....

Attachments

• 20181222_153458.jpg
    20181222_153458.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I still am
And there's still no urgency
It must be a great life for him. And not just anyone will do.
I understand that. This would definitely not be a rescue. Let me think a few days and I will PM you my phone number if its a go. I will tell you how much space I can provide and will get it set up by your guidance. I just have Opo no other pets.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening all hope you are all well, I see have a few posts to catch up on!
I didn't make it home on Tuesday - my sister wouldn't drive me home and thought I should stay longer.
I finally persuaded her I would be OK yesterday, because my b-in-law wasn't happy about the heating for Lola at night and said that even deserts and tropics have cold nights, and I overheard my sister saying that she turned the heating off in the night, so I think it was time I came home. Their house is so cold even I was struggling! I appreciate everything they have done and will continue to do for me but Lola needs to be kept warm.
I was back at hospital yesterday to have some stitches removed from a cut on top of my foot and it is infected, so now on antibiotics but an xray showed the plate in my leg has stayed in place so that was good news. The very bad news is I can't use it for at least another 4 weeks!!! I was hoping I would be walking on it in 2 so not happy about that.
Anyway enough of my woes, time for me to see what everyone has been up to since Tues.
I hope you heal soon. I missed how you got stiches? Not being mobile stinks. I have watched every episode of Forensic Files 3 times over. I have also become a news junkie. :mad:
Take care of your foot and be warm.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes....one massive sully soaking in the spa.

We FINALLY weighed The Sully Monster - 70.5 lbs with the box. So, a solid 70 pounds of Sulcata. This May Sully will be 5 years old.

If they came with handles, 70 lbs would be pretty easy to lift in and out of places. Hhhmmmmmm, I’m seeing a Sully Transporter invention on the horizon. I have the perfect audience to pitch and sell to. Discount of course for card carrying CDR officers.
What weight was the monster at 2 yrs? Opo will be 2 in june. and when I weigh Opo on Thursday he should be 5lbs.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope you heal soon. I missed how you got stiches? Not being mobile stinks. I have watched every episode of Forensic Files 3 times over. I have also become a news junkie. :mad:
Take care of your foot and be warm.
Thanks Ray, I had to have a plate attached to the bone with what looked like 6 screws on the x ray, but I also had a wound on the top of my foot which needed 4 stitches too and that's become infected. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I can't get used to sitting around doing nothing, I have cleared my ironing though!!
Hope all is well with you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm really happy to hear you are figuring it out at home. My circumstances are probably different then yours in all ways. I won't use 2 crutches. They wind up hurting worse then the injury. That's not even mentioning being so off balance on ice. When I finally decided I could do an office visit to my orthopedic surgeon I went then. (fractured knee cap) He said "where have you been Msss Green?" I said "taking a break." I'm not saying take my advice. I'm saying do what you need to do to get well.
Thanks Cathie:)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Ray, I had to have a plate attached to the bone with what looked like 6 screws on the x ray, but I also had a wound on the top of my foot which needed 4 stitches too and that's become infected. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I can't get used to sitting around doing nothing, I have cleared my ironing though!!
Hope all is well with you.
Hey Lyn, what was the reason for 6 screws? If you don't mind telling. I had 2 screws in my foot from the bottom up to fuse my ankle from rocking side to side. Have you ever seen the kneeling carts they have? You just rest your knee on it and grab the handle bars and scoot around pushing with your other leg.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good evening all hope you are all well, I see have a few posts to catch up on!
I didn't make it home on Tuesday - my sister wouldn't drive me home and thought I should stay longer.
I finally persuaded her I would be OK yesterday, because my b-in-law wasn't happy about the heating for Lola at night and said that even deserts and tropics have cold nights, and I overheard my sister saying that she turned the heating off in the night, so I think it was time I came home. Their house is so cold even I was struggling! I appreciate everything they have done and will continue to do for me but Lola needs to be kept warm.
I was back at hospital yesterday to have some stitches removed from a cut on top of my foot and it is infected, so now on antibiotics but an xray showed the plate in my leg has stayed in place so that was good news. The very bad news is I can't use it for at least another 4 weeks!!! I was hoping I would be walking on it in 2 so not happy about that.
Anyway enough of my woes, time for me to see what everyone has been up to since Tues.

Double ouch... 4 more weeks? Sounds like Punxatawny Phil and predictions about Spring! Glad that you are home. And ouch too on the infection (two shots of scotch 3x/hour x 7 dsys = cure)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey Lyn, what was the reason for 6 screws? If you don't mind telling. I had 2 screws in my foot from the bottom up to fuse my ankle from rocking side to side. Have you ever seen the kneeling carts they have? You just rest your knee on it and grab the handle bars and scoot around pushing with your other leg.
The screws attach the plate holding the bone together. They will stay with me forever now so I'll be setting off the metal detectors at airports if I travel.
Yes I've seen those - we call them knee scooters here and was thinking of hiring one but think a wheelchair will be easier for me just so I can get between the rooms at home and carry things on my lap, I can also use it for getting to appointments over the next month. My left foot is feeling the strain of all this hopping.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Seems like sickness is going around. I'm home from work today with a nasty cold. Hope all my pals in the CDR are doing well though. It's suppose to be in the 70s here again today here in GA, Murphy will be a happy camper since he'll go outside again today. Right now he's taking his morning bathView attachment 264235
.......and very relaxed he looks too.
Hope you are feeling better, Todd.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I do! We have sold about 4 homes in 20 yrs.
So, I suggest purging! Then rent a Pod that goes in the driveway and load it up with toys, clothes, all family pics on walls and junk!
Our house didn’t even look like kids lived there. We only had a bed, dresser and a couple of toys. Clean out the garage to bare minimum.
Same with any closets! Only leave a few pairs of pants and a handful of shirts & shoes.
Stage your furniture even if it’s now comfy. We sold a huge sectional and bought a love seat and two chairs.

Clean out your kitchen too. People want to see space not clutter.

Paint all walls to all neutral color like a off white or light gray.

Make the house smell good too!

You have to spend a little money but it’s worth it.

Stage bathroom with cute towels and neutral shower curtains.

Good luck!!
Good advice that I'm going to save in case I ever sell up!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Woke up this a.m. to seeing everything outside covered in white. The temperature overnight dipped down past freezing and there's frost on everything. Hoses are frozen solid. We went from many days of spring-like weather to dead of winter in one fell swoop!
The world's weather has gone crazy!
Keep warm Yvonne.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A very brief post to let you know I exist. I have had an awful week and am on antibiotics for bronchitis. I wish I could say I felt better, but I have to finish the course.

Just to add to my misery, I fell over in the shower this morning and bashed my head hard on the wall. I am so glad JoesDad is working from home today.
Gosh Linda you are going through the mill at the moment - so sorry to hear this.
I wondered where you were as I've been catching up
I hope you are feeling better soon and that your head is OK, don't hesitate to see a doc about that if you feel dizzy or sick.
Sending you good wishes for a full recovery as soon as possible!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Must be Friday as there is not much action here, except for in Linda's shower. There was too much action going on there, but don't worry her superhero is at home to handle it.[emoji6]
@Kristoff how are you feeling? Still under the weather I presume [emoji26] Here is an umbrella to help you [emoji385] [emoji299]
Mark is either kayaking, collecting wood, buying food for Sully or going for a walk. [emoji570]
@Lynw how is it being at home? Are you able to get around and is Lola happy to be back home? [emoji217]
Noel I am waiting for today's joke. Rather looking forward to it. [emoji102]
Anne any new antics from the cat-mittee? And of course my favorite dragon.[emoji250] [emoji244]
Heather have you managed to mostly paint yourself and son ? Oh and of course the planks too! [emoji375] [emoji373]
@Bee62 how is your little dog adjusting to it's new home? [emoji190]
Yvonne have you gone for your laps yet or is it still too cold? [emoji148] [emoji149] [emoji148] [emoji149] [emoji148] [emoji149]
Kathy I am getting withdrawal symptoms, I need more updated pics of that beautiful pond of yours. [emoji228] [emoji226] [emoji225]
Cheryl please can we have a pic or two of those really cute babies you have got? I haven't had my cuteness dose today yet. [emoji217] [emoji217]
From my side unfortunately the sun came out and I did not see that rain. Was very disappointing. [emoji274]
Thanks Carol. yes I'm glad to be home and Lola had a good long bask under his uvb today and ate more than he's eaten all week so he's obviously happy to be home even though he's not in his usual spot.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
@CarolM
We didn’t get to work on the project any yesterday. The weather wasn’t conducive and I had to get hubby off on his annual goose hunt.. I’m hoping to have good time today and this weekend... but look at the sign I’ve ordered:)
View attachment 264402
That's lovely and a good idea, although I suspect that my neighbours would go ahead and spray anyway if I put a sign like that up just to spite me.
It has all been quiet on the western front lately though, though I've yet to check the garden without both legs.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I haven't been around as much this week because my household is adjusting to a new routine. Significant other started his new job on Monday, which is wonderful, but he's also having to leave 30 minutes earlier in the mornings. Shorter commute, just that he has to be there at 0800 instead of 0830. It's still hit or miss as to which of us feeds the Cat-mittee in the mornings... and the bearded dragon... and checking on the turtles, etc. I haven't had as much time in the mornings to catch up in the CDR, watch the bearded dragon's morning beard stretches, or savor my morning cup of coffee. We'll get the new routine worked out, though. It's definitely worth it.
Hope your man's new job goes well and that you find the perfect routine soon, Anne.