COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
When I read posts by new members, I think about whether I know someone specific that might be able to help "mentor" the new person. If there's a good close geographic connection, I try to help them find each other, I guess. :)
I just try to point them in the right direction of caresheets etc until some of the more experienced members come along.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
A late hello from me.
Good to see that those who have been under the weather are on the mend and that everyone else is OK,
I'm taking myself off to bed again now as it's almost 1 a.m. here - I'll have to try and join you earlier tomorrow.
Night night and take care.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh my gosh, Ray. Not that there is anything good about it, but thankfully your wife was basically ok. Left rear axle broke, huh? Did your truck have front wheel brakes too? How lucky that there was no traffic nearby. I can't imagine your hospital bill. You have such a good outlook and are always so upbeat. I'm so glad you and your wife are still here to talk about it! And how interesting how the prosthetic arm works! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Thanks Yvonne, My wife though by the Grace of God was not injured seriously. Her neck still gives her irritation. I don't remember the accident. I really can't remember the 2 weeks before. But my wife remembers every roll of the accident. Sometimes I think she got the worst end of the accident.
Another blessing was the truck was registered and ins. In Michigan. Every policy has catastrophic pip coverage . So I have paid nearly nothing in bills from the accident. .

Last edited:

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
@Bee62 Sabine, do you take any special measures to keep your cats out of the tortoise enclosures? Especially indoor enclosures. You have more cats than I do, and I imagine you have some trouble-finders in the bunch! :D
Heck, I have my salcata torts, the bigger ones, in an enclosure upstairs in a room. Many Tim’s when I go in there,the cats follow me in. I go back to find them and they are laying in the nice warm enclosure like nothing is wrong. My torts just ignor them

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
WOW... what a freak accident.. I don’t think anyone can imagine something like that happening until it actually does.. I have lots of respect for you and your wife, Ray!
Thanks Ellie May. There have actually been many blessings after all this. Don't get me wrong. My wife and I have our struggles from the accident. But I actually look at things like getting Opo and without Opo I would not be here on TFO. Both blessings to me and my recovery.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Heck, I have my salcata torts, the bigger ones, in an enclosure upstairs in a room. Many Tim’s when I go in there,the cats follow me in. I go back to find them and they are laying in the nice warm enclosure like nothing is wrong. My torts just ignor them
I'm sure your sulcatas don't have to worry about becoming a cat toy. ;)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good to see you back Linda, and pleased you are feeling a bit better but sorry it's such a slow recovery for you,
Hopefully the antibiotics will continue to work in your system after they have finished but maybe the doc has something stronger to try.
Carry on resting and taking it easy and I'm sending good wishes your way.

I'm OK thank you - just going a bit stir crazy!!!
Can't wait to go to the hospital on Friday just to have a change of scene - the highlight of my week!

Hospital for a change of scenery... you might get sick of it by the end of these 4-6 weeks [emoji33][emoji33]

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
My enclosures are really close. 3 sides of wood and sliding glas doors. No way for curious cats to get in, but my cats love, love, love to lie on the warm enclosures ( wood ). No way to find a way into an enclosure for all my little trouble-finders.:)

Excellent! I occasionally find outdoor kitty laying top of my tort enclosure because of the heat too [emoji849]