COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
A late hello from me.
Good to see that those who have been under the weather are on the mend and that everyone else is OK,
I'm taking myself off to bed again now as it's almost 1 a.m. here - I'll have to try and join you earlier tomorrow.
Night night and take care.
Take care as well Lyn.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks Yvonne, My wife though by the Grace of God was not injured seriously. Her neck still gives her irritation. I don't remember the accident. I really can't remember the 2 weeks before. But my wife remembers every roll of the accident. Sometimes I think she got the worst end of the accident.
Another blessing was the truck was registered and ins. In Michigan. Every policy has catastrophic pip coverage . So I have paid nearly nothing in bills from the accident. .
Thank goodness for small mercies.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all. Just checking in.

I have been back to the doctor as my antibiotics finish today. He is satisfied the bacterial infection is cleared, but there is still stuff to cough up. He reckons there should be steady improvement without the need for further antibiotics and will be at least a week to 10 days before I clear the cough completely. I am getting there, but it slooooow!
At least you are off the anti-biotics. The further week to 10 days is a bummer though. Just stay warm and don't overdo it. Hoping you recover quickly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well all caught up again. Things are looking like they are on the mend for most of the roommates, and some are in the middle of the mend and others will be starting. I really hope that everybody gets to the end of the mend very quickly and that it goes well. The wind is causing havoc with our shipping schedules and loading of containers. It must end now, I need my work to get done.

Happy Hump day everyone.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Bright SUNNY morning for HUMP day. Ive had enough of two days of cold wet freezing slushy sleety icy days. Of course...the ton of rain will have our wooded trails sopping wet and gushy yucky. Sooooooooo, going to explore a new trail that is close by - The Washington Baltimore & Annapolis trail.

• The WB&A Trail begins just a few miles from the eastern point of D.C.’s diamond and rolls almost immediately into the canopy as if eager to leave the bustle of MD 450 behind. Although it travels through suburban Prince George’s County, the paved pathway feels tucked away among the trees for much of the route—its tranquility encouraging the occasional deer or other wildlife to step out of the bushes.
  • Continuing through Glenn Dale, the trail passes the Glenn Dale Splash Park, one of many popular recreational amenities along the route that make it so beloved by residents. An impressive bridge whisks travelers over MD 197, and less than a mile farther on is Race Track Road. Off the trail, but just up the road a short distance, is Bowie, home to a historical area (which locals call simply “Old Bowie”), the Bowie Railroad Museum and Bowie State University. A proposed Bowie Heritage Trail could one day link these and other attractions together, incorporating part of the WB&A Trail and making for a worthwhile side excursion.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well all caught up again. Things are looking like they are on the mend for most of the roommates, and some are in the middle of the mend and others will be starting. I really hope that everybody gets to the end of the mend very quickly and that it goes well. The wind is causing havoc with our shipping schedules and loading of containers. It must end now, I need my work to get done.

Happy Hump day everyone.

Happy hump day Carol! I let Toretto out yesterday for his first Gander at his new garden. I’ve finished all the fencing and I’m just working on the gardening now. I’ve planted quite a few things but we still have a couple of cold spells coming so I have to wait on a few things as well.. I have some English Ivy that I have to clear off of one of his fence lines and relocate but other than that, it’s pretty safe. I just want to make it interesting, and stimulating like yours.. he won’t be staying overnight out there for a couple months yet but I am really enjoying doing this. What a surprise for me as Gardening has never been my thing:) anyway, enjoy your work day... I’m just off to start mine!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy hump day Carol! I let Toretto out yesterday for his first Gander at his new garden. I’ve finished all the fencing and I’m just working on the gardening now. I’ve planted quite a few things but we still have a couple of cold spells coming so I have to wait on a few things as well.. I have some English Ivy that I have to clear off of one of his fence lines and relocate but other than that, it’s pretty safe. I just want to make it interesting, and stimulating like yours.. he won’t be staying overnight out there for a couple months yet but I am really enjoying doing this. What a surprise for me as Gardening has never been my thing:) anyway, enjoy your work day... I’m just off to start mine!
Awww. We want pics of Toretto enjoying his outdoor digs. I bet he absolutely loved it. Even maybe got a little lost. Ha Ha

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So beautiful

Thanks.... I do try and limit the number of pix (from kayaking) so you all don’t roll your eyes too much :)

It’s a really nice area to explore and be one with nature - sun, water, wind, wildlife, etc. I really like going out alone alot, but group trips enable access to some unexplored areas.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks.... I do try and limit the number of pix (from kayaking) so you all don’t roll your eyes too much :)

It’s a really nice area to explore and be one with nature - sun, water, wind, wildlife, etc. I really like going out alone alot, but group trips enable access to some unexplored areas.
Well I love your pictures especially the ones like those. They look so peaceful and bring just a little bit of peace to my corner.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Boy, does that hit home! :p I think that's part of the reason we never let the bearded dragon onto any of the cat trees, at any level. Last thing we'd ever want would be disputed territory between the bearded dragon and the furry feline Dragon. The beardie remains outnumbered 8 to 1.

I'm not counting the turtles in that number. Although with Bold's penchant for climbing, the beardie may have support?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

I bet he loved it!! Now the fun part! It’s fun planting and planning.