COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Oh such a pity. Oh well, you will just have to use the pully system and teach Lola to haul you up the stairs. Speaking of Lola has he gone to the care facility yet?
No not yet - it's about 25 miles away and I don't have anyone to take him/me there at the moment.
I would like to go along and see where he would be but that means asking someone to do a round trip of 50 miles.
One of my nephews and his wife live quite close to it so they could pick him up but they work during the day and this weekend they are away so we are muddling on.
Lola is OK, he's basking and eating well and I'm able to get him in and out of his bath, but I am very aware this temp set up isn't suitable long term.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Well, we are back to wind and rain!
This has been the wettest year in years!!
They’re predicting 2-3” the next few days!
We’ll be camping in the desert so hoping we miss it.
What scares me is the high wind advisory thru the mountains while in the RV pulling an enclosed trailer.
I have anxiety all ready.
I'd be nervous too as I hate the high winds but hopefully you'll be fine.
Stay safe and have a great time!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
What scares me is the high wind advisory thru the mountains while in the RV pulling an enclosed trailer.

Hoping it stays dry! We’ve had way tooooo much rain as well. Have fun.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
No not yet - it's about 25 miles away and I don't have anyone to take him/me there at the moment.
I would like to go along and see where he would be but that means asking someone to do a round trip of 50 miles.
One of my nephews and his wife live quite close to it so they could pick him up but they work during the day and this weekend they are away so we are muddling on.
Lola is OK, he's basking and eating well and I'm able to get him in and out of his bath, but I am very aware this temp set up isn't suitable long term.

Hope you can get Lola all sorted out..you will feel better too.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I'm a bit earlier tonight but feel really tired so won't be too late going to bed.
Hope everyone has had, or is having, a great Weds.
It's been a beautiful day here today - perfect for a long walk.........I can dream!
This injury certainly makes me appreciate the little things in life I take for granted.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Our Little Hike in the Woods

Our walk today on the Washington Baltimore & Annapolis trail was a tad underwhelming. Where we started is quite close to our house (good thing), but the trail was very flat all paved and really was just in between housing areas and beneath high power electricity lines (not so good). Plus it is one long trail so we walked out about 2.5 miles and turned around and retraced our steps back to the car park. We did see four Whitetail deer, a lot of birds, and one hawk....but, nothing too interesting..

Heres a pix at the start....

CCC5BE54-C9E6-4F74-A6B9-79925AD10501.jpeg

On the bright side of the walk, it was pretty warm, not windy and plenty of sunshine.

I doubt if we’ll return here. Close, but not interesting. Two thumbs down.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Yeap that would be scary for me too... but I do love camping as well. Looking forward to your pics!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I wish!!
I had to open windows in the whole house! I got a little light headed so I ate lunch and went outside for a minute.
I don’t use bleach too often but the pet sitter is coming for a few days so I was scrubbing the shower and the bathroom floor.

Just vacuumed and getting ready to mop!

I’ve done 3 loads of laundry too.

I’m exhausted!! I’m getting old or I’m out of shape!

I left my purse in my husband’s truck last night so I don’t have my wallet, so I can’t leave the house.
Thank goodness I found the spare car key so I could take my daughter to school.
Thank goodness for spare keys.