COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Thank you. Valentine's day has long been a sore trial to me. We usually celebrate my birthday either side of the day itself which makes it cheaper and not pink!

Health wise I am making steady improvement. I was finally able to lay down in bed without coughing my guts up last night. I didn't sleep through, but this is massive progress!

JoesDad has decided that my first trip out for 18 days should be to a restaurant, despite the pink/cost, as he knows we would end up with something from the freezer if I had to cook today. I am not up to spending ages cooking something nice even if I do normally really enjoy it.
A very Happy Birthday my friend. I hope you get to enjoy your day out, birthday's are special, so dinner out is worth it. Just dress warm, we don't want you to regress on your progress made so far.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Thursday roommates [emoji851]
Just popping in quickly and going back to bed.
Thank you again for the prayers and good vibes! I’m positive it made a big difference [emoji173]️
Noel, Lets see if it worked.

Are you reading this as a single line or double line?

Just teasing you. I really do hope that it worked for you. ;)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
As you said it is just temporary.

@LynW
I feel like ( and this is just my very amateur opinion) that your situation is temporary enough that Lola is fine. You said yourself that he is basking and eating well and we all now how unfortunately resilient torts can be. I can’t help but wonder if his space inconvenience is not better / easier for him that the stress of being moved to a strange place with strange people and no you... When I was gone for just 3 days, Toretto got so stressed out that his poop went runny. After I returned home, all went back to normal.. and I’m not saying it was affection that made the difference, but maybe just that I’m his constant??? I feel like Lola is good for you and you might worry too much with him away also.. you are doing a great job with what you can and I sounds like that’s adequate... things will get better!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning, roommates! Hope everyone is well. I’m quite better.

In fact, I’m so well I might go to a local rescue today, and since I can’t have animals in the apartment, it’ll have to be this:

View attachment 264933

Hallelujah!!!! Can I go??? We can celebrate Valentines nonsense together[emoji16]

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

Just teasing you. I really do hope that it worked for you. ;)

[emoji23][emoji23]
Funny girl [emoji847]
Right now the double vision is much worse because the doctor had to over correct my right eye ugh. The theory is that the eye moves back into the desired position in a couple days [emoji12]
What I do see I crystal clear.
My boyfriend calls me Marty for now [emoji23][emoji23]

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
@LynW
I feel like ( and this is just my very amateur opinion) that your situation is temporary enough that Lola is fine. You said yourself that he is basking and eating well and we all now how unfortunately resilient torts can be. I can’t help but wonder if his space inconvenience is not better / easier for him that the stress of being moved to a strange place with strange people and no you... When I was gone for just 3 days, Toretto got so stressed out that his poop went runny. After I returned home, all went back to normal.. and I’m not saying it was affection that made the difference, but maybe just that I’m his constant??? I feel like Lola is good for you and you might worry too much with him away also.. you are doing a great job with what you can and I sounds like that’s adequate... things will get better!

Feel better Lyn!
I’m glad Lola is with you even though it’s a-little cramped [emoji173]️

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
[emoji23][emoji23]
Funny girl [emoji847]
Right now the double vision is much worse because the doctor had to over correct my right eye ugh. The theory is that the eye moves back into the desired position in a couple days [emoji12]
What I do see I crystal clear.
My boyfriend calls me Marty for now [emoji23][emoji23]

This clear? Some ice crystals for you..

0C949BB5-ABC2-47F8-91CB-4928986CF3ED.jpeg