COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well, we are back to wind and rain!
This has been the wettest year in years!!
They’re predicting 2-3” the next few days!
We’ll be camping in the desert so hoping we miss it.
What scares me is the high wind advisory thru the mountains while in the RV pulling an enclosed trailer.
I have anxiety all ready.
Don't worry it will be fine and you will have fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
No not yet - it's about 25 miles away and I don't have anyone to take him/me there at the moment.
I would like to go along and see where he would be but that means asking someone to do a round trip of 50 miles.
One of my nephews and his wife live quite close to it so they could pick him up but they work during the day and this weekend they are away so we are muddling on.
Lola is OK, he's basking and eating well and I'm able to get him in and out of his bath, but I am very aware this temp set up isn't suitable long term.
As you said it is just temporary.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy birthday, Linda @JoesMum!!! Hope you’re feeling better and have a wonderful day....tomorrow, after everyone’s done with the Valentine’s Day nonsense [emoji23][emoji8][emoji173]️
Thank you. Valentine's day has long been a sore trial to me. We usually celebrate my birthday either side of the day itself which makes it cheaper and not pink!

Health wise I am making steady improvement. I was finally able to lay down in bed without coughing my guts up last night. I didn't sleep through, but this is massive progress!

JoesDad has decided that my first trip out for 18 days should be to a restaurant, despite the pink/cost, as he knows we would end up with something from the freezer if I had to cook today. I am not up to spending ages cooking something nice even if I do normally really enjoy it.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
A shopping centre in Cardiff once had a tank set up so people could sit and have their feet nibbled.
Doesn't appeal to me at all especially with hundreds of curious shoppers looking on!

“Oops, we mixed up the species and mistakenly put piranhas into the tank..!” [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Our Little Hike in the Woods

Our walk today on the Washington Baltimore & Annapolis trail was a tad underwhelming. Where we started is quite close to our house (good thing), but the trail was very flat all paved and really was just in between housing areas and beneath high power electricity lines (not so good). Plus it is one long trail so we walked out about 2.5 miles and turned around and retraced our steps back to the car park. We did see four Whitetail deer, a lot of birds, and one hawk....but, nothing too interesting..

Heres a pix at the start....

View attachment 264913

On the bright side of the walk, it was pretty warm, not windy and plenty of sunshine.

I doubt if we’ll return here. Close, but not interesting. Two thumbs down.

Your photo makes it look pretty. :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Thank you. Valentine's day has long been a sore trial to me. We usually celebrate my birthday either side of the day itself which makes it cheaper and not pink!

Health wise I am making steady improvement. I was finally able to lay down in bed without coughing my guts up last night. I didn't sleep through, but this is massive progress!

JoesDad has decided that my first trip out for 18 days should be to a restaurant, despite the pink/cost, as he knows we would end up with something from the freezer if I had to cook today. I am not up to spending ages cooking something nice even if I do normally really enjoy it.

Hope you enjoy going out on your birthday, for a change. [emoji23] And have a restful night tonight.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

Happy Birthday Linda!! [emoji847][emoji851]