COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Thanks.... I do try and limit the number of pix (from kayaking) so you all don’t roll your eyes too much :)

It’s a really nice area to explore and be one with nature - sun, water, wind, wildlife, etc. I really like going out alone alot, but group trips enable access to some unexplored areas.

Roll our eyes[emoji102] at the beauty!!!

We love them!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The same. i actually don't like giving advise as I have only looked after tortoises properly for about over a year now. So I really don't feel like I have enough experience. And I am so scared that I give the wrong advice.
I always look because it's like a test in first grade...sometimes I'm right about the situation. That only means I got one question right. I have! to find out when I'm wrong also. I've been dealing with 11years of no info that I trust. I learn just as much as every new member. I have to look because I have my little guy at my mercy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Boy, does that hit home! [emoji14] I think that's part of the reason we never let the bearded dragon onto any of the cat trees, at any level. Last thing we'd ever want would be disputed territory between the bearded dragon and the furry feline Dragon. The beardie remains outnumbered 8 to 1.

I'm not counting the turtles in that number. Although with Bold's penchant for climbing, the beardie may have support?
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I always look because it's like a test in first grade...sometimes I'm right about the situation. That only means I got one question right. I have! to find out when I'm wrong also. I've been dealing with 11years of no info that I trust. I learn just as much as every new member. I have to look because I have my little guy at my mercy.
There are not many with my species, so I have to adapt what I see on here to fit my guys.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Ellie May. There have actually been many blessings after all this. Don't get me wrong. My wife and I have our struggles from the accident. But I actually look at things like getting Opo and without Opo I would not be here on TFO. Both blessings to me and my recovery.
I respect you and your wife too. I haven't been through what you and your wife have been through. I've been through other things though. I still would rather be alive and like you I'm thankful for the blessings. I believe in miracles...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Need some help. [emoji40]

I wish!!
I had to open windows in the whole house! I got a little light headed so I ate lunch and went outside for a minute.
I don’t use bleach too often but the pet sitter is coming for a few days so I was scrubbing the shower and the bathroom floor.

Just vacuumed and getting ready to mop!

I’ve done 3 loads of laundry too.

I’m exhausted!! I’m getting old or I’m out of shape!

I left my purse in my husband’s truck last night so I don’t have my wallet, so I can’t leave the house.
Thank goodness I found the spare car key so I could take my daughter to school.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Well, we are back to wind and rain!
This has been the wettest year in years!!
They’re predicting 2-3” the next few days!
We’ll be camping in the desert so hoping we miss it.
What scares me is the high wind advisory thru the mountains while in the RV pulling an enclosed trailer.
I have anxiety all ready.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, we are back to wind and rain!
This has been the wettest year in years!!
They’re predicting 2-3” the next few days!
We’ll be camping in the desert so hoping we miss it.
What scares me is the high wind advisory thru the mountains while in the RV pulling an enclosed trailer.
I have anxiety all ready.
Hopefully it will be just fine! If it gets too bad just pull over and wait until it dies down a bit.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon all. Just checking in.

I have been back to the doctor as my antibiotics finish today. He is satisfied the bacterial infection is cleared, but there is still stuff to cough up. He reckons there should be steady improvement without the need for further antibiotics and will be at least a week to 10 days before I clear the cough completely. I am getting there, but it slooooow!
Good to not see you again Linda
The antibiotics should continue working for a little while longer than the course so hopefully once all the gunge has gone you will feel a lot better.
Take care