COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Wow....lucky day/evening. Wifey had to run out shopping for a few items (including dandelion... for Sully) but on the way she noticed that a road crew was cutting up one of the very ancient red cedar trees that recently blew down in some common/median strip/roadside area near our house. These are big old trees, been here a long time, and occasionally they topple during high wind events.
  • Comment: Last year, during one of these high wind events, probably 15 or more blew over and were sadly cut up and hauled away. Beautiful old red cedar. This is when our big pine trees toppled as well creating many hours of cleanup.
So...we have been watching this one tree...and today was the day. Wifey came home, reported the tree’s status. We popped over and I was able to man handle one really nice hunk of main trunk red cedar. Tomorrow, I’ll pop over and see if they cut the rest up into manageable logs. The sad thing....this ancient wood will end up chipped away on the side of the road...or hauled to a dump. :-(

I’ll get a pix tomorrow.

PS: I forgot to add that I’m hoping to cut this man size “log” into a few chunks that might turn into a few nice cedar bowls. Time will tell.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow....lucky day/evening. Wifey had to run out shopping for a few items (including dandelion... for Sully) but on the way she noticed that a road crew was cutting up one of the very ancient red cedar trees that recently blew down in some common/median strip/roadside area near our house. These are big old trees, been here a long time, and occasionally they topple during high wind events.
  • Comment: Last year, during one of these high wind events, probably 15 or more blew over and were sadly cut up and hauled away. Beautiful old red cedar. This is when our big pine trees toppled as well creating many hours of cleanup.
So...we have been watching this one tree...and today was the day. Wifey came home, reported the tree’s status. We popped over and I was able to man handle one really nice hunk of main trunk red cedar. Tomorrow, I’ll pop over and see if they cut the rest up into manageable logs. The sad thing....this ancient wood will end up chipped away on the side of the road...or hauled to a dump. :-(

I’ll get a pix tomorrow.

Oh wow!!

Can’t wait to see your masterpiece!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@JoesMum
Happy Birthday Linda,
Hope you have a lovely day!
il_570xN.810389180_o7iq.jpg

I liked that post at least 10 times mentally:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh no, that was a vine. This is an indoor plant.

I couldn’t get those to take off but I still have hope for this last cutting she sent.
Do you [emoji102] that itty bitty green bud?
View attachment 264975

Sweet!!! I see it.. but you should know it’s not a vine.. it is a fig producing outdoor tree:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Evening all!
Hope everyone is having a good Thursday and that your significant others are spoiling you on Valentine's Day.....something they should do everyday!
Considering I've done very little except sit and iron I can't believe how quickly the day has gone.
Ironing is about all I can do at the moment so if you want to send me yours I'll have it back to you by Monday!;)
I'd better go and make myself something to eat. I've been living on sandwiches a lot this week but may try and see if I can get something in and out of the poptyping without spilling it this evening,
Wish me luck!!

I do wish you luck and I would never send you ironing... lol... but. .....Poptyping???? What is this??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My gosh, Kathy, if it's not one thing it's another with that house. Speaking of which, did you ever show us the finished fireplace?

ANd speaking of weather. We had rain all night and this a.m., but now we have blustery wind. Constant wind but every so often BIG bursts of wind. I have plastic wrapped around my front porch and the wind is really doing a number on it. I'm sure by the time I go outside later today it will be torn to shreds. Hopefully no more frost and the plants it was supposed to be protecting will be safe.

I sure hope so! Keeping all those plants protected is a lot of work:-(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas