COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Evening all!
Hope everyone is having a good Thursday and that your significant others are spoiling you on Valentine's Day.....something they should do everyday!
Considering I've done very little except sit and iron I can't believe how quickly the day has gone.
Ironing is about all I can do at the moment so if you want to send me yours I'll have it back to you by Monday!;)
I'd better go and make myself something to eat. I've been living on sandwiches a lot this week but may try and see if I can get something in and out of the poptyping without spilling it this evening,
Wish me luck!!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Oh no, that was a vine. This is an indoor plant.

I couldn’t get those to take off but I still have hope for this last cutting she sent.
Do you [emoji102] that itty bitty green bud?
View attachment 264975

Yep....that bud is golden. Good job at getting it to root.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
I just checked the property because a few branches have bent our fencing the last few weeks and I can’t chance my dogs getting out so I usually walk the property and our seasonal creek is in full swing.

30 second video.

Let me guess. You are in the middle of the wet rainy season! Enough there to keep things moist...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I let the RF out today because they were in all day yesterday. This is a tropical storm so it’s not too cold.
View attachment 264976

View attachment 264977
"Tropical storm" means something very different to those of us on the East and Gulf coasts... but as long as the weather people aren't giving it a name, it can't be TOO bad... ;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Angulata Chersina.
I checked out your tortoise's species. Very beautiful... From what I read you have the best environment for the little adorable darling. I was surprised when I saw a Wondering Jew in the 2 plants list. One safe the other toxic. I go through the same thing with a house rabbit and my tortoise. Corn is a low level toxin food for rabbits. I've managed to find 1 type of manufactured food in each category that's safe 1: baby food no corn but has alfalfa. 2: juvenile delinquent food that is timothy but isn't corny. My little Saphire is another story...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And we have a roof leak!
My husband came home to check it out. Can’t get on roof yet.
My gosh, Kathy, if it's not one thing it's another with that house. Speaking of which, did you ever show us the finished fireplace?

ANd speaking of weather. We had rain all night and this a.m., but now we have blustery wind. Constant wind but every so often BIG bursts of wind. I have plastic wrapped around my front porch and the wind is really doing a number on it. I'm sure by the time I go outside later today it will be torn to shreds. Hopefully no more frost and the plants it was supposed to be protecting will be safe.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
My gosh, Kathy, if it's not one thing it's another with that house. Speaking of which, did you ever show us the finished fireplace?

ANd speaking of weather. We had rain all night and this a.m., but now we have blustery wind. Constant wind but every so often BIG bursts of wind. I have plastic wrapped around my front porch and the wind is really doing a number on it. I'm sure by the time I go outside later today it will be torn to shreds. Hopefully no more frost and the plants it was supposed to be protecting will be safe.

Wow..... not so nice out West!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Our roofer is coming tomorrow.
I put up 3 buckets to catch the drops.
The water is following a beam because it’s at angle.

Here it is.

This is dining room side
IMG_2712.jpg

Family room & kitchen area
IMG_2708.jpg

With it on
IMG_2711.jpg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Wow....lucky day/evening. Wifey had to run out shopping for a few items (including dandelion... for Sully) but on the way she noticed that a road crew was cutting up one of the very ancient red cedar trees that recently blew down in some common/median strip/roadside area near our house. These are big old trees, been here a long time, and occasionally they topple during high wind events.
  • Comment: Last year, during one of these high wind events, probably 15 or more blew over and were sadly cut up and hauled away. Beautiful old red cedar. This is when our big pine trees toppled as well creating many hours of cleanup.
So...we have been watching this one tree...and today was the day. Wifey came home, reported the tree’s status. We popped over and I was able to man handle one really nice hunk of main trunk red cedar. Tomorrow, I’ll pop over and see if they cut the rest up into manageable logs. The sad thing....this ancient wood will end up chipped away on the side of the road...or hauled to a dump. :-(

I’ll get a pix tomorrow.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA