Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Look what I got in the post.

Some more presents.
Thank you @Yvonne, @Kristoff and @Moozillion.

My Christmas cards have arrived.

Yvonne I love the key ring and the snow crystals are making me feel cooler already.

Lena the little elf is gorgeous. I am hoping she brings me the gift/present of winning the powerball.

Bea - Joy looks just like my Bella. View attachment 265228View attachment 265229View attachment 265230View attachment 265231View attachment 265232
How strange that they all arrived at the same time. Let's see. . . December to January to February. . . I mailed mine, I think, in early NOvember. That means next year we need to start about August to get addresses, etc. so we can mail in September.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Anyone else watch the “New Scandinavian Cooking” show that comes out on public TV. Always cooking up some great country dishes. Simply prepared, simple ingredients, not a whole lot more.

Last week, they were cooking straight in boiling hot springs in Iceland. This morning, fresh lamb from the hills in Norway. Along with fresh sheep cheese and veggies.

I’d love to go to Iceland. Always sounds fascinating.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Look what I got in the post.

Some more presents.
Thank you @Yvonne, @Kristoff and @Moozillion.

My Christmas cards have arrived.

Yvonne I love the key ring and the snow crystals are making me feel cooler already.

Lena the little elf is gorgeous. I am hoping she brings me the gift/present of winning the powerball.

Bea - Joy looks just like my Bella. View attachment 265228View attachment 265229View attachment 265230View attachment 265231View attachment 265232

Woohoo!!! Christmas never ends!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well I took my bucket of tortoise food and Misty outside to do my a.m. chores and Misty told me she didn't want to be out there in the rain, so I let her back in. Then I started to walk towards the tortoise sheds and decided I didn't want to be out there either. So I set the tub of food down in a dry spot and came back in the house and dusted and vacuumed the living room. It's still raining. Looks like the tortoises may have to wait until lunch time for breakfast.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
How strange that they all arrived at the same time. Let's see. . . December to January to February. . . I mailed mine, I think, in early NOvember. That means next year we need to start about August to get addresses, etc. so we can mail in September.
They probably came a little earlier. As the last time I checked the box was when I got my present from Kathy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well I took my bucket of tortoise food and Misty outside to do my a.m. chores and Misty told me she didn't want to be out there in the rain, so I let her back in. Then I started to walk towards the tortoise sheds and decided I didn't want to be out there either. So I set the tub of food down in a dry spot and came back in the house and dusted and vacuumed the living room. It's still raining. Looks like the tortoises may have to wait until lunch time for breakfast.
Whahaha. Looks like you and Misty are perfect for each other. You both think alike.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
First of all, let me state, I'm not affiliated with Febreeze in any way. I tried it years ago when it first came out and didn't like it because the scent was too strong and I'm allergic to perfume.

Yesterday I cleaned my room real good and vacuumed the carpet twice. Misty and I live 90% of the time in my room, and her bed is in there too. So after the room was clean, I sprayed the carpet and Misty's bed with Febreeze, Gain scent. Prior to the cleaning, the room really smelled badly of dirty, stale dog. After the cleaning and spraying, naturally, it smelt of Gain scented Febreeze. But today, a whole 24 hours later, there still is no old dog smell in there. The Gain scent is gone, but so is the old dog smell! They advertise this particular type of Febreeze as "fabric refresher." It works!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well then you'd like our home. I'm really glad you're home with your Lola though. I'm hoping and praying it's not too hard for you. I could never live with my sister. I love her to pieces but I'd rather be home with my critters. I could say something nasty about the person and their insurance company that hurt you but...I've been thinking of your situation instead.

Thanks Cathie, it's certainly not easy at the moment but less stressful than worrying about my sisters heating bill. As welcome as they made me feel I know there was an issue about the heat for Lola.
The funny thing is, this is the sister that persuaded me to keep him when I first brought him home from the lady who found him in a field. I was only a halfway house because he was destined for another sister in another part of the UK, but when she found out her hubby was ill she couldn't take him. So I was in touch with the British Association of Tortoise Keepers about finding him a home as I had never had any interest in torts myself but the the thought of packing him in a box to mail to them horrified me, and my local sister convinced me I should keep him myself. She was interested too at first but as I found out more about keeping leopards she quickly went off the idea! She now thinks Lola is ruining my life and can't understand that I'm quite happy with the way my life tends to revolve around him. Each to their own!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
He's probably just upset because of how different it is. He's probably sulking for ulterior motives. He needs you to get well soon.
He's been fine again today; out as soon as his light went on and he's eaten really well. He even attempted to take a chunk out of my green plaster cast! Probably thought it was some nice juicy stalk.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
First of all, let me state, I'm not affiliated with Febreeze in any way. I tried it years ago when it first came out and didn't like it because the scent was too strong and I'm allergic to perfume.

Yesterday I cleaned my room real good and vacuumed the carpet twice. Misty and I live 90% of the time in my room, and her bed is in there too. So after the room was clean, I sprayed the carpet and Misty's bed with Febreeze, Gain scent. Prior to the cleaning, the room really smelled badly of dirty, stale dog. After the cleaning and spraying, naturally, it smelt of Gain scented Febreeze. But today, a whole 24 hours later, there still is no old dog smell in there. The Gain scent is gone, but so is the old dog smell! They advertise this particular type of Febreeze as "fabric refresher." It works!!!

I use it on the covers where my ferrets play... normally ferrets stink but you rarely ever smell mine:)
I too love the smell of gain!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
What a beautiful road!

In mountainous Kyrgyzstan, my birth country, many roads are crazy and beautiful. One part of the road leading to the Lake Issyk-Kul is called “Mother-in-law’s Tongue” because it has many treacherous turns and runs between a mountain on one side and a drop into a river on the other.

But apparently mothers-in-law and their tongues are even more difficult in other parts of the former Soviet Union. Here’s a road with the same name in Bashkiria (a republic within the Russian Federation):

View attachment 265216
Quite an accomplishment to build that!
I'm not sure how safe I would feel driving on it though.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So glad the appointment went well. Hopefully the uncomfortable feeling of the soft dressing gets better. But I would get them to change it if it does not improve.

Poor Lola having to put up with a new white tortoise invading his space. Just tell him it is a new food bringer for him.
I have a fancy green cast at the moment!
I've had blue and purple too:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I use it on the covers where my ferrets play... normally ferrets stink but you rarely ever smell mine:)
I too love the smell of gain!

I guess those folks with the ultra clean, ultra tidy, no pets, no life, “homes” don’t need Fabreeze. I just burn cedar :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Some postcards.

Marlow is on the River Thames and half way between London and Oxford by river (about 50 miles each way) It is very pretty, very old and the houses are very expensive
View attachment 265217
View attachment 265218

We stayed on the ground floor of the white cottage. The Hand & Flowers, where we had dinner last night, is the building to the right down the road
View attachment 265219
View attachment 265220
What a beautiful place - and the sun shone for you too!