COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Does the umbrella hat come with a chin strap?
Yeah, it does. I've figured out it's just too big and cumbersome to wear while I'm administering to the different tortoise bins and sheds. I guess I'm just a complainer and don't appreciate the kind gesture my daughter gave me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a beautiful road!

In mountainous Kyrgyzstan, my birth country, many roads are crazy and beautiful. One part of the road leading to the Lake Issyk-Kul is called “Mother-in-law’s Tongue” because it has many treacherous turns and runs between a mountain on one side and a drop into a river on the other.

But apparently mothers-in-law and their tongues are even more difficult in other parts of the former Soviet Union. Here’s a road with the same name in Bashkiria (a republic within the Russian Federation):

View attachment 265216
OH MY LORD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!! You would NEVER see me on that road.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Oh my! As soon as you’re ambulatory, I can see you collecting moss and snails in the garden... and :eek: emptying the ‘Wine Rack’! :eek:

Had moss a few times. It is delicious! [emoji23]
I'm sure it has to be the right kind of moss to taste any good (unless you're an Eastern box turtle, with a broader palate). I don't think I'd even consider eating moss, regardless of how it was prepared, unless it was green. None of the long grey swaths of Spanish moss hanging from live oaks and pecan trees around here, no thanks... ;)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
What a beautiful road!

In mountainous Kyrgyzstan, my birth country, many roads are crazy and beautiful. One part of the road leading to the Lake Issyk-Kul is called “Mother-in-law’s Tongue” because it has many treacherous turns and runs between a mountain on one side and a drop into a river on the other.

But apparently mothers-in-law and their tongues are even more difficult in other parts of the former Soviet Union. Here’s a road with the same name in Bashkiria (a republic within the Russian Federation):

View attachment 265216
Wow, that is a fascinating road. I hear Mother-In-Law's Tongue, and I think of a common house plant (Sansevieria), because it has long thick leaves that come to a point at the end.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm sure it has to be the right kind of moss to taste any good (unless you're an Eastern box turtle, with a broader palate). I don't think I'd even consider eating moss, regardless of how it was prepared, unless it was green. None of the long grey swaths of Spanish moss hanging from live oaks and pecan trees around here, no thanks... ;)

Nothing like a fine lichen, some juniper berries, and some fresh salmon, salted cod with a ligonberry chaser,

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My sisters house is like that! I can never understand how they do it! I am always a little jealous because she has that decorative flare and it looks straight out of a magazine... I am also scared to move! That will certainly never be my hone!
I can never just manage to keep my house clean. So that will not be me either. Unless I get a full time maid and a huge house. That way you won't see all the mess in all the space available.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Love the picture.
Thanks! :D I was thinking that picture was of Bold, but my significant other thinks it may actually be Pinstripe! Considering that Pinstripe's head is about the size of a No. 2 pencil eraser, that makes this picture the most detailed picture of Pinstripe's face, ever. You can actually see the detail! :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good mornooning, roommates! I’m still not 100%. We have visitors today — lovely people — I’m really like Yvonne on this right now — have to pull myself together and make the house presentable... Not see you all later...

Bye friend [emoji847]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Look what I got in the post.

Some more presents.
Thank you @Yvonne, @Kristoff and @Moozillion.

My Christmas cards have arrived.

Yvonne I love the key ring and the snow crystals are making me feel cooler already.

Lena the little elf is gorgeous. I am hoping she brings me the gift/present of winning the powerball.

Bea - Joy looks just like my Bella. 20190217_173514.jpeg20190217_173541.jpeg20190217_173610.jpeg20190217_173652.jpeg20190217_173803.jpeg