COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thank you! My wife was driving. She ended up with 3 fractured vertebrae in her neck, fractured scapula, slight head injury and a cut on her arm.
The worst thing for her is she remembers every part of the accident.
I remember nothing so sometimes I think she got the worst end of the deal.
Such a wonderful story of survival. It doesn't mean that God hates the people that don't survive. He loves them too. It means you have a purpose and you're not done yet.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
is that the same as a rotary clothes line?
shopping
No. You sink 2 wooden poles. However wide you want the clothesline. It's a set of pulleys(2 on each pole) then you thread the clothesline through all that. Reptilomy might know what I'm talking about.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Gosh Karen you could have had a really bad head injury. Glad it wasn't anything too serious causing it.
I went through a phase of fainting like that when I was in my 20s, I didn't go to the doctor so never found out why but it was probably BP.
I once fainted when I was on a walk with the family - if it hadn't been for my nose I would have landed flat on my face!
They picked me up and leaned me on a gate but I fainted again and rattled down the 5 bars catching my chin!
I looked as if I'd had a few rounds in the boxing ring not a gentle walk.
We are survivors! I'm lovin it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Those blood clot filters can be pretty nasty too. They are breaking apart and it's not pretty.
Yes I feel like a ticking time bomb. The IVC filter is guarding me from the blood clot breathing loose. Then I see one of those lawsuit commercials about the filter breaking apart and going to your lungs or heart.
They only like to keep the filter in for 6 months. I am at 5 months now. Now that one clot has dissipated and the other is smaller. I can't wait to get the filter out.
The blood thinner I am taking must be working.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Not the best picture, but hopefully you all can see the colors...

View attachment 270124

I do!!! I can’t believe I have never seen that now that everyone is talking about it... apparently it’s been around for a while.... I’m closely related to the ostrich I believe [emoji23]
Anyhow, very pretty!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Well back from the ultrasound. Blood clot in left leg is gone. Right leg is smaller so they will be removing the IVC filter :)
And I had McDonald's since the subject was brought up o_O
Great news! So glad for you! [emoji2]

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I worry about that too. I'm on bp medicine. If I get better mine will be dropping too. I'm sorry but 74/ 50 makes me wonder if they know what they're talking about.
That's close to what mine was when I couldn't stay upright! A really horrible feeling!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Gosh Karen you could have had a really bad head injury. Glad it wasn't anything too serious causing it.
I went through a phase of fainting like that when I was in my 20s, I didn't go to the doctor so never found out why but it was probably BP.
I once fainted when I was on a walk with the family - if it hadn't been for my nose I would have landed flat on my face!
They picked me up and leaned me on a gate but I fainted again and rattled down the 5 bars catching my chin!
I looked as if I'd had a few rounds in the boxing ring not a gentle walk.
Oh my! You must have really been a sight to behold!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
If he hasn't put it up yet check out the Canadian clothesline with pulleys. They work. You stand in one place and move the clothes line to you. You don't have to keep moving the basket of clothes you move the clothesline.
I put one up like that many years ago at my first house. It went from the porch to a tree. Worked great!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Nope it was a 1999 F150. I really only used it to tow my boat about 15 miles to lake Michigan. I didn't really pursue Ford. While I was in a coma my wife had a lawyer look into it. The saving grace is my auto insurance has catastrophic lifetime pip. So everything has been covered by State Farm.
Thank goodness for that.