Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
images

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
And good morning. Going to be another hot (near 90) and humid day. Sully is already up awake and out enjoying breakfast. A bowl of Mazuri, a bunch of fresh dandelion greens, topped with a head of Romaine.

The temperature inside Sullys house registering just fine - RHP in the roof, coupled with a Kane heat mat on the floor.

45E7041A-A0F0-4D05-8A74-6C414783C1D5.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning!!
We have had rain since yesterday and should continue until Wednesday!
This really slows my project down and we tore out the old tort enclosure except for the sully.
It’s not gonna be fun trying to contain them with cold wet weather.

But, I guess it’s hard to complain about rain. Keeps everything green and growing.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all, I guess 1 small frangipani flower doesn't affect Opo. At least not yet. Hope everyone is good. Going to my monthly doctor's app. To get my prescription that helps me make it thru life :):mad::):mad::)

I’m glad there is no repercussions from the flower eating;-) I hope your day is good and the prescription does awesome things for you !!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I’m glad there is no repercussions from the flower eating;-) I hope your day is good and the prescription does awesome things for you !!

Yes. I’m sure every outside tortoise has accidentally nibbled or eaten or munched on a NO NO PLANT. The key is don’t deliberately feed, and restrict access to toxic plants.

It’s hot here in Md. Sully is taking a break under our picnic table.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So a few weeks ago I re-did an old, empty brick planter - added some dirt and planted a few cacti in it. The dirt was scavenged from a pile just outside my fence. I can't remember where it came from originally, but it was dirt I dug out from someplace here and piled up outside the fence. So squash and tomato volunteers sprouted up all inside the planted from that old dirt. At least, I THOUGHT it was squash. Today those plants are blooming and instead of large yellow squash blossoms, it's tiny yellow blossoms. So I guess it's wild gourd or melon. I won't know until it sets fruit. I've been harvesting the leaves to feed my tortoises. I hope it's not toxic.
I hope so too.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yes. I’m sure every outside tortoise has accidentally nibbled or eaten or munched on a NO NO PLANT. The key is don’t deliberately feed, and restrict access to toxic plants.

It’s hot here in Md. Sully is taking a break under our picnic table.

It’s hot here too! I think we are getting more tornado weather tomorrow. I bought a couple more pampas grass plants this morning and Toretto happily followed me around while planting . I think he’s secretly thinking that I should get the heck out of his yard. He would come over to my newly dug holes and throw dirt with his front feet.. His yard is starting to look pretty green:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What do you’ve against being photographed with cute little chicks [emoji213]???? You might have saved one from lots more little grubby hands . During the photograph, You could have been the two seconds of peace that it needed to keep it chirping... or that photo might have been it one claim to fame?? Ever think about that?? Huh? huh?? Well do ya, punk???

*making the Jim Carrey face*
[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji23] [emoji23]