COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning all. It’s a public holiday here in the UK too.

Yesterday we had lovely weather until he evening when a shower appeared. I managed to avoid the ironing by spending the day in the garden. JoesDad cleaned the patio (a big job) and I cut the grass, did some weeding, repotted some plants and bought and planted out a Verbena bonariensis.

@EllieMay, the results of your hard work look amazing!

We spent the evening slumped in front of the tv for some reason :D

Today, I need to reseed some bare patches in the lawn. It may or may not work as everything is so dry and I am going to have to water the patches, but it is worth a try.
Would you like me to share a bit of rain with you, Linda? ;)

It's actually not too rainy, but windy and gray and drizzly. I'll go to a shop today to see if I can exchange the beautiful bird feeder for something more transportable. There's some interest in our piano, so fingers crossed that it goes to a good home.

We're traveling on July 1, Canada Day, which is becoming a tradition. Last year we were on the train from the US to Canada also on Canada Day.

I've been neglecting my French with all the work and volunteering and (thank you very much, class families :rolleyes:) stress. Must go back to it. To studying French, I mean. Not to the stress -- if that can be helped...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Would you like me to share a bit of rain with you, Linda? ;)

It's actually not too rainy, but windy and gray and drizzly. I'll go to a shop today to see if I can exchange the beautiful bird feeder for something more transportable. There's some interest in our piano, so fingers crossed that it goes to a good home.

We're traveling on July 1, Canada Day, which is becoming a tradition. Last year we were on the train from the US to Canada also on Canada Day.

I've been neglecting my French with all the work and volunteering and (thank you very much, class families :rolleyes:) stress. Must go back to it. To studying French, I mean. Not to the stress -- if that can be helped...
I wouldn't want to go back to the stress either. Bonne chance aux français qui étudient.
Et bonne idée sur l'échange. Je me demande pourquoi vous allez l'échanger? Nous voulons des photos s'il vous plaît! - I thought I would help you with your french, that is if google translate grammatically translated my English into French correctly. :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I wouldn't want to go back to the stress either. Bonne chance aux français qui étudient.
Et bonne idée sur l'échange. Je me demande pourquoi vous allez l'échanger? Nous voulons des photos s'il vous plaît! - I thought I would help you with your french, that is if google translate grammatically translated my English into French correctly. :D

I see the words “demande” and “photos”. That’s what the local tourism office tells all the time, only in Danish! [emoji33][emoji85]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I see the words “demande” and “photos”. That’s what the local tourism office tells all the time, only in Danish! [emoji33][emoji85]
I translated the following English: Good luck with the French studying. And good idea on the exchange. I wonder what you are going to exchange it for, We want photos please. Now if I put the french back into the translate and ask what it says in English this is what came up:
Good luck to the French students.
And good idea on the exchange. I wonder why you're going to trade it? We want photos please! :D:D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I translated the following English: Good luck with the French studying. And good idea on the exchange. I wonder what you are going to exchange it for, We want photos please. Now if I put the french back into the translate and ask what it says in English this is what came up:
And good idea on the exchange. I wonder why you're going to trade it? We want photos please! :D:D

Yep. You demand photos. I got it. [emoji23][emoji85]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
It is fine, I will be with you all in spirit. And I am sure Lena does not mind, otherwise she won't get her Monday break!! :eek:

Monday is my holiday. Except the Pentecost Monday, when it’s everybody else’s holiday. :mad: We have a long weekend here for the Ascension, starting on Thursday. Must’ve taken a long time. [emoji85]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since I spend more time on my Kindle than on the computer I thought it would behoove me to learn how to copy/paste so Ican post links when needed. So you folks here in CDR are my guinea pigs.

Well, obviously more reading and practicing needs doing. It doesn't work.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Are you paying them in rain checks?
For now I am. I'm checking the weather and saying we can't because it's going to rain. So we have a day planned when we get the right day. They're still in school so I'm waiting and watching. Today they're off having a family outing so. I want them because I've spent a few years with them and they're starting to understand how I like things done. They watch for the toads and praying mantis etc.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Lol! Way to go Google!