COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. It was nice. Hubby went out of his way to make it special even though it was his day too. Dad came over and we fried some fish and fries. It was a bit rainy but still enjoyable. He brought me a very thoughtful and cute gift!
IMG_2883.jpg
It’s been super busy this week so I’m headed for an early night!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My Grandads looking forward to looking after them. He used to have a Hermann’s tortoise in the 70s, back then they were all imported and people just let them roam around the garden freely. He gave it to a tortoise lady to look after while on holiday but he fell on his back:(

I imagine if that didn’t happen then he would still be around when I was small, he was a hardy tort.

Oi! Some of us still do it! Joe was a 1970s import too :D

Good luck with the German exam. I amazed myself by passing my German O Level back in 1980. I wasn’t good at it and we had a terrible teacher. I got an A in French, but was more excited by my C in German :D

Have a wonderful holiday :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So to catch up:

Happy birthday for yesterday @EllieMay. I hope you had a wonderful day :)

Yvonne, I hope you got your rest day in. You are both Mom and Dad to many shelled creatures and deserve it. I have my fingers crossed for your little soft shell newbie. Hopefully it is just shock and the little guy will recover with time.

Good mornooning everyone.

Monday has brought sunshine to Kent so I need to get out in the garden and deal with the lawn and prune a few things with triffid tendencies. If anyone needs about half a ton of rosemary, the bush by my front door is currently way out of control and needs severe treatment. We have bad thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday, so I need to get out while I can!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello everyone!

Final exam tomorrow, German.

I’ll be going on holiday for a week soon and I’m leaving the tortoises with my grandparents. I’m a bit nervous about that as I’ve never left them before but I will make a care guide for them with all the vet details:eek:. Plus my friend who raised my youngsters lives across the road and he said he would pop in to check them over.
Enjoy your holiday Ben and good luck on your last exam.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Oi! Some of us still do it! Joe was a 1970s import too :D

Good luck with the German exam. I amazed myself by passing my German O Level back in 1980. I wasn’t good at it and we had a terrible teacher. I got an A in French, but was more excited by my C in German :D

Have a wonderful holiday :)
I didn’t know you did German Linda:). Sam my grandads tortoise would disappear for days and once he emerged from his winter burrow that was located in next doors garden and scared the lady who lived there :oops:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So to catch up:

Happy birthday for yesterday @EllieMay. I hope you had a wonderful day :)

Yvonne, I hope you got your rest day in. You are both Mom and Dad to many shelled creatures and deserve it. I have my fingers crossed for your little soft shell newbie. Hopefully it is just shock and the little guy will recover with time.

Good mornooning everyone.

Monday has brought sunshine to Kent so I need to get out in the garden and deal with the lawn and prune a few things with triffid tendencies. If anyone needs about half a ton of rosemary, the bush by my front door is currently way out of control and needs severe treatment. We have bad thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday, so I need to get out while I can!

Good morning! I wish I was closer to help out with the rosemary.. the weather remains volatile here so it must be world - wide... enjoy what Gardening you can & stay safe!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
At our old house we also had a water pump that would lose prime occasionally. This one where I live now primes itself, thank goodness. I occasionally have to have my son-in-law come over and drain the tank though, as it gets water logged, but not very often. My trouble is I don't have enough sprinklers to keep the pump running, so it goes off and on and off and on.
@Yvonne G does the tank you have look something like the one in the pic?20190617_082840.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh shame Ray. Sometimes that is all it takes. They do make a difference in our lives.
Yeah I know :( I was just doubting if I had the ability to care for Opo in the future. But I was watching him waking up this morning. The ritual that he goes thru just amazes me. The yawns are a bonus.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've got a problem with water running through an overflow pipe from my water tank if you'd like to pop over and fix that for me, Ray.
It may be cheaper to pay your flight than get a local plumber out!!
Send me a pic. I refer to myself as Jack of all trades master of none. I have always fixed repairs around the house. Built my first house at 21 and never stopped learning since. It was harder in the 80"s. You had to figure things out yourself or pry some info from a tradesman that didn't want to give his knowledge up for free. No Google back then.