COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Tha

t is like how all my posts are that to my tiny phone keyboard and my tiny attention span- see t was supposed to be “that”
Well...Marko2bear had Yavonne out casting a fishing line when he was really trying to tell her to rest. Well...then it was a good thing she was just practicing in the driveway because later she got to see her beautiful goldfish that's a keeper. Knowing Yavonne she would have sat down to save the darling after she hooked him...then it would be 911." I sat down to rest and save my fish and I can't get up." (Too much like me)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I think this is what I saw on the floor at Sams, they have other cheaper types as well.

View attachment 287279

Whats nice is that they are elevated, made from resin (light weight, durable, won’t rot).

About this item
  • Watering system: The self-watering system helps ensure proper moisture levels
  • Drainage system: A built-in tap lets you remove excess water effortlessly
  • Construction: Durable resin stands up to wear and tear
  • Dimensions: 33.46"H x44.76"W x 18.56"D
I will definitely pick up a few of those. I wanted them off the ground for easier access for me.
Thanks Mark.
Are you suggesting the sofa for my new shed??

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He's probably as tired of the cooler then normal temperature as you. I don't hibernate Saphire but he still goes through his slow down time in the winter. Doesn't eat as much everyday so maybe not maintaining his normal weight. Opo gained a little. Have you been flashed yet??
I think Opo hasn't figured out what to do with it. The other morning he was standing tall in one spot. Head going in and out. I don't know if he has figured out to put it back in. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Haven't been here in a few days. Hope everyone is doing good. I will try to catch up.
Been dealing with local government for a building permit for the shed.
Mon doctors appointment Tues therapy weds had to go and get a environmental impact clearance for the shed 30 bucks. Thur building department to apply for permit. 120 bucks. Today to county clerk to file notice of commencement10 bucks.
But the county clerk's office was also a early voting pole. So my wife voted also. All those depts were at different locations. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think Opo hasn't figured out what to do with it. The other morning he was standing tall in one spot. Head going in and out. I don't know if he has figured out to put it back in. ?
Don't do what I did to Saphire is all I can tell you. It's a good thing for Opo and you that he's so heavy you think twice before picking him up...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What happened when you picked up Sapphire?
Oh my garsh...I saw some thing I never want to see again. I was racking my brain to think of a way to get my little darling's packaging back where it belonged. I've been around animals all my life and never saw any thing like that. Not even compared to a horse in the field. It took me quite a while before (must have been the Lord) I realized what I'd seen. Well...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It's a beautiful day outside today, and as I was standing there looking at my pond I see that it is awake! A VERY large RES swam over to me begging. So I moved over where the sun was at my back and I could see better into the water, and I spotted a fairly large gold fish. Years ago I put a couple dozen feeder gold fish in there for mosquito control, and they grew and multiplied, but the fry were all eaten by the turtles, which took care of overpopulation on the fish's part. Then one day when I came outside I saw a heron sitting on my garage roof (the garage is right next to the pod). And after that I never saw any gold fish anymore. I now have mosquito fish in there.

So I'm standing there looking at the turtles. I see a couple large soft shells, some VERY large female RES, a couple pond turtles. . . and wait a minute. . . hold it. . . is that? OMG! you guys should SEE the size of that gold fish! All I can say is if I caught it on hook and line it would be a KEEPER!!!! It's about a foot long, not including the tail (which is long and graceful) and about 4" top to bottom. He would roll on the top of the water, then just sit there enjoying the warmer top water. I thought about going in to get my camera, but you know how that goes. I'd never see it again in my lifetime if I got the camera.
Sounds like an amazing view... I wouldn’t leave either!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh my garsh...I saw some thing I never want to see again. I was racking my brain to think of a way to get my little darling's packaging back where it belonged. I've been around animals all my life and never saw any thing like that. Not even compared to a horse in the field. It took me quite a while before (must have been the Lord) I realized what I'd seen. Well...
??? that happened to me about a month ago. I took a pic and posted it my Opo 2.0 thread. It is definitely alien like.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning or evening depending on where you live. Thurs we had a record breaking temp of 90°. Today high of 65°. Normal temp for this time of year is 77°. Hopefully this is the last cold spell. Opo is tired of his outside enclosure. He wants the whole backyard. Hopefully within the next 3 weeks everything will be fenced in for him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well...Marko2bear had Yavonne out casting a fishing line when he was really trying to tell her to rest. Well...then it was a good thing she was just practicing in the driveway because later she got to see her beautiful goldfish that's a keeper. Knowing Yavonne she would have sat down to save the darling after she hooked him...then it would be 911." I sat down to rest and save my fish and I can't get up." (Too much like me)
I'm glad somebody's paying attention! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!! ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Haven't been here in a few days. Hope everyone is doing good. I will try to catch up.
Been dealing with local government for a building permit for the shed.
Mon doctors appointment Tues therapy weds had to go and get a environmental impact clearance for the shed 30 bucks. Thur building department to apply for permit. 120 bucks. Today to county clerk to file notice of commencement10 bucks.
But the county clerk's office was also a early voting pole. So my wife voted also. All those depts were at different locations. ?
Really? I've built four sheds on my property and no one from any government agency has said a word about it. I was told early on that I couldn't put up a 6' fence across the front of the property, had to be 3', but they're not interested in sheds, only more permanent buildings.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Goodmorning or evening depending on where you live. Thurs we had a record breaking temp of 90°. Today high of 65°. Normal temp for this time of year is 77°. Hopefully this is the last cold spell. Opo is tired of his outside enclosure. He wants the whole backyard. Hopefully within the next 3 weeks everything will be fenced in for him.
Our winter weather has been unseasonably warm too. I'm thinking the danger of frosty nights has passed and I can start bringing the plants out of the greenhouse.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Those are some warm temps for March. That said, going to be mid-60’s here this weekend with a good chance of 70 on Monday. Everything is blooming way early & trees are starting to bud out as well.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Really? I've built four sheds on my property and no one from any government agency has said a word about it. I was told early on that I couldn't put up a 6' fence across the front of the property, had to be 3', but they're not interested in sheds, only more permanent buildings.

Around here, I think it’s more of getting “permission” from your HOA than the State or local government. There are size limitations & some architectural limits too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA